Chapter Fifteen: The Phone Call

HELLO! (: So, there's some drama and mystery in this chapter...I'm not really great at writing either, but I tried! Heh(: Tell me what you think! (: x

"Guys, you realize you have to leave in like two days? Nicole's gonna be home!" I inform them.

"Don't kick us out! You love us!" Zayn whines.

I reply, "I do love you, but Nicole can't know you guys were here! She'd flip!"

"Yay! She loves us!" Harry cheers and gives Niall a high-five.

"Seriously, though!"

Olivia questions, "Hol, do you think she'd actually be that mad? I mean, she'd be mad for what, like a minute? She's just a little teddy bear, she can't hold a grudge. And she doesn't usually get too angry, especially at you."

I hesitate. Nicole would probably be cool with it. But the guys need to leave, regardless. They can't be here in two days. "Remember what Friday is? August ninth..." Olivia, please get the hint.

[note: please forgive me if the dates don't match up with the rest of the story, like two weeks and all!]

She's hit with her memory, "Oh! Yeah, you guys have to leave."

"Why? What's August ninth?" Louis asks, confused.

"Um, nothing? Yeah, nothing!" I cover up.

Louis gives me a weary look, "Okay, then."

**

Harry, yes, Harry, makes pancakes for everyone. Surprisingly, they're actually good. Who would've guessed that Harry would be the chef among the boys?

I feel my phone buzz, "Ooh! Be right back!" 

I race up to my room to answer my phone, and plop onto my bed.

"Hey babe!" Nicole squeals.

"Ah, I've missed you so much! I cannot live without you! Come back! Baby come back to me!" I start to sing. "I blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, we were meant to be! Come back, baby come back!" I honestly have no idea where that song is from, but I forgot the words halfway through singing it.

"About that..."

"What? You're never coming back? You hate me? You don't love me? You never want to see me again?" I joke.

She laughs, "I'm coming back, but I actually have to stay here for another two weeks. There's this big thing going on in our company...it's hard to explain. I have to stay here or else I'd probably lose my job."

"What? You're freaking kidding me! You can't be gone for that long! No! Tell them no! I don't care if you lose your job! Come back, I miss you!"

She cannot be gone for that long. I guess it meant the guys could stay longer, but I don't care. I don't want my sister to be gone for four weeks! I've never gone that long without her! I can't! And Friday! She has to be with me on Friday!

"I can't! I'll lose my job! I need my job!" 

"Ugh! I hate you."

"You love me!"

"I do love you! But wait, if you're gone for two more weeks you're going to miss..." I trail off, hoping she'll know what I am talking about.

"I know. I'm so sorry about that. Really."

"Yeah, I know it's fine. I'll have Olivia and L-" I pause and stop myself from telling her about Louis. And Louis can't be here Friday, anyway. "I'll have Olivia here with me."

I couldn't believe she would be missing Friday.

She tried to change the subject, "So what's new? Anything interesting happen since I left?" 

Actually, one of the biggest bands in the world right now, One Direction, came into our house and Olivia and I let them stay with us while you were gone. So all five of the boys have been staying here for nearly two weeks. Oh, yeah, and I'm dating Louis Tomlinson.

"Nah, not really. Nothing eventful. The college fair was fun, as always."

"No boys at our house, right?" She says, sarcastically because she knows, or thinks she knows, that they would never be any boys here. But how could she have possibly guessed? 

Well, actually five... "Nope! No boys. Only you! My boyfriend forever." Nicole and I have this long-going joke about how we're going to end up alone with cats. Let's hope that's not going to actually happen.

"Good! We'll still be a happy couple!" She laughs. 

"I could see us on billboards now: World's Happiest Couple!"

"Totally!"

"I guess I'll be seeing you somewhat soonish. I can't wait 'till you come home! God, I miss you so much! I seriously can't live without you. Call me soon. Love you!" I tell her.

"Love you too. Bye!"

I shut my phone closed. Should I tell the guys they could stay here longer? 

I decide against it. There's no way I could have them be here on Friday.

***

Louis's POV:

"Ah, I've missed you so much! I cannot live without you! Come back! Baby come back to me!" I start to sing. "I blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, we were meant to be! Come back, baby come back!"

Wow, Holly is the strangest person ever! Who was she even talking to? It would be weird for her to sing that to Nicole, but hey, Holly's weird. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Nicole. Okay, I was kind of standing outside of Holly's door. I'm planning on scaring her when she comes out, and I can't help if I over hear what she says!

"Nope! No boys. Only you! My boyfriend forever." 

"I could see us on billboards now: World's Happiest Couple!"

Who is she talking to? That isn't Nicole! She called the person her boyfriend and them world's happiest couple! Is she cheating on me? No, she wouldn't do that. Would she? I don't usually jump to conclusions, but there isn't an explanation for this! 

"Call me sometime soon! Love you!" I hear her say.

Well apparently she loves him, too. Why would she do this to me? I didn't do anything wrong! She seemed to be interested in me last night...what happened?

I run down the stairs, hoping she won't see or hear me.

"Hey, did you scare her?" Zayn asks.

I shake my head, "No. But she scared me."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I just shake my head again, letting him know that it doesn't matter.

Then it hits me. Is the reason she needed us gone not because her sister was coming back, but rather her boyfriend was coming back?

Okay, I am completely overreacting! It doesn't matter! Holly isn't cheating on me, she wouldn't do that! We're happy together! Yeah, we're happy together. Sure, that phone call sounded like it was a call to a boyfriend and she called the person her boyfriend. But I am her boyfriend, and I wasn't on the phone. I'm just paranoid, it's no big deal, or so I hope. It's not like I can confront her about it, she'll wondering why I was listening to her conversation. I could tell her that I was going to scare her, but then she'd wonder why I didn't scare her. God, why did everything in life have to be so complicated? It was probably just nothing. I'm overreacting. Kind of. I hope I'm overreacting, at least...

It was kinda short...but yeah. Deal with it(: Haha, okay, well tell me what you thought! Thanks for reading! (: x

Oh, song of the chapter: Na Na Na by One Direction! Those darn lyrics are stuck in my head 24/7 lately...