Chapter 11: Talking leads to Screaming

*Harry's POV*

I took a cab to meet the boys at our practice destination but I was still confused. After trying to convince Natalie this wasn't her fault I could only think of one person and her name was Maddie. I mean, I had known Maddie my whole life! She wasn't a manipulative person, yes she was dramatic, got angry alot and liked to slam doors but manipulative? That just wasn't my Maddie. I sighed she was no longer my Maddie, she was nobody's Maddie.

When I got to the huge arena where we were gonna be out, I tipped the cab driver and walked out. I wondered, did Maddie already leave or was she packing up at home. I sighed, this would probably be the part where I tried to win her back with something spontaneous surprise or meaningful words but I felt like being with her had beat the fight out of me. Was Simon right? Was not being with Maddie the best thing for me? I shook that thought out of my head and opened the door to the arena. There were big burly security guys everywhere. I approached a big tall one that looked like he could break me in half.

"Do you know which stand One Direction is performing at sir?" I asked politely. He looked down at me and I couldn't see his eyes through his shades so it was hard to imagine what he was thinking about.

"Who are you?" He asked me. I raised my eyebrow, didn't they brief these security guards on who One Direction was.

"Harry Styles." I replied matter-of-factly. He stared at me,

"Oh really?" He asked and I nodded,

"Really." He stared at me, studied me for a long hard time then cleared his throat.

"Stage five." I smiled at him and was about to pat him on the shoulder but decided against it. I walked past him to stage five. I heard Liam starting Gotta Be You and I chuckled to myself, they couldn't sing that song without me. I was their high-notes guy. I opened the double doors and woah! It was huge! So many seats, balcony seats, seats right in front of us. I looked at Liam singing and I looked at the seats. I realized all the boys were sitting there watching him and I saw Maddie! What was Maddie doing here? And she wasn't just sitting on a seat she was sitting on Zayn's lap and she had her head thrown back laughing. I stared at the sight with disgust and jealousy boiling in my veins. Then, I heard Liam stop singing and everyones head turned to me. I had been spotted. I looked at everyone,

"Hi guys." I said weakly then walked towards them. Maddie and I locked eyes but she seemed emotionless, like she could care less I was seeing her like that. I turned to her,

"Aren't you leaving?" I asked slowly and lowly. I realized I was shaking and everyone was looking at the scene in horror. I turned and looked at Zayn,

"Really Zayn, you're gonna be her rebound?" I asked him and she stood up and walked towards me. She had a look of defiance and anger in her eyes.

"Why do you care that I haven't left? We're over remember?" She asked me and I smirked,

"Why'd you threaten Natalie? You wanted to sabotage me?" I asked her. I saw her forehead crease and she stepped back,

"What are you talking about?" She asked. Before I could answer Liam cleared his throat,

"Guys, I think we should start practicing. The conerts in two hours." He said but I ignored him and stared down at Maddie.

"Yeah, Natalie told me everything. How you threatened to kill her if she didn't stay away from me, how you said you would sabotage my whole career." I replied and she gasped,

"Harry, you know I would never do that!" She cried out and I shrugged,

"I used to think that, until now." I replied and I saw hr shaking her head,

"I never threatened to kill her!" Maddie cried and I saw her eyes becoming glassy. Meaning she was going to cry. I knew when Maddie cried that was something I couldn't resist. Crying from her was so heart-breaking.

"Guys, can you talk about this later?" Zayn asked and I shot him a look. I was still staring at Maddie,

"Who are you?" I asked and she was crying now. More like sobbing. She was wiping her eyes hard.

"Maddie! You've known me forever! Why would you think I'd do something like that, I love you!" She cried reaching for my hand but I pulled away.

"Right, so you first try to sabotage me and then you flirt with my best-friend. That's a nice way to express you love me!" I yelled. I realized we were yelling now, it was kind of weird. I rarely raised my voice in anger, I raised it in excitement and stuff but not at Maddie. I was on a roll now and I couldn't stop.

"You cheated! You're angry because I was flirting!" She cried and I scoffed,

"Shut up Maddie! Just shut up! I really don't want to listen to you talk or your stupid tears, why don't you just leave! I'm kind of getting sick of seeing your face!" I yelled and as soon as I said it I regretted it. Everyone was silent. Maddie stood there staring at me then she swallowed,

"I can't believe you would ever say that." She whispered and I raised my eyebrows,

"I can't believe you would do some of the things you do." I replied. She scoffed and shook her head,

"I hate you." She spat out then she ran from the whole room. Leaving me standing there. Frozen. I couldn't move, I don't know what had just happened. We've had bad fights but never a fight where I told her to shut up and she said she hated me. All the guys and Kye were staring at me with sympathy. Zayn stood up and walked out after Maddie. I still didn't move.

*Maddie's POV*

Why would he say that! Why would he tell me those things! I couldn't walk or feel anything, I was numb! I ran out the door, then I ran outside. I just continued running, passing the faces of people, shops, cars, taxis. Passing them all. Tears streamed dowm my face and stars danced in front of my eyes. I wanted to die, I didn't want to be there anymore to even see Harry. He didn't want to see me, I mean he sided with Natalie.

I was still running when I heard it. The crashing of the waves on the shore, smelled the salty sea and heard the seagulls. I stopped running and realized I was on a boardwalk and the beach wasn't far. There was barely anyone there, just a couple of people walking, surfing. I stopped running and kicked off my ballet slippers. I walked towards the beach, with nothing in my mind. I wondered how it would feel like to just become the water, and swim out and never return. Harry wouldn't miss me, nobody would. I was manipulative, if Harry my best friend, the love of my life didn't want me who would. I kept walking till I reached the water. Closing my eyes I laid my body on the water. I kept feeling the water coming in, slowly pulling me in, slowly but it was progress. I engulfed myself in the darkness and then everything was still.

Author's POV: Well, that wasn't very nice of Styles. Do you guys think it's kind of Maddie's fault all of this is happening or is it Harry's? And what do you think Maddie is trying to do? The song that reminds me of this is "The Lonely" by Christina Perri, she's one of my favorite artists! Comment, Vote. And hey read my new story "Hello, my name is Trouble" it is also a One Direction fan-ficiton.