A cut in the wrong material.

Damian was at college again. This was his first year, but he had just come back from the manor for TJ and Mari's birthday banquet. He held a small pistil in his hand, his katana in the other.

He took the dull blade and cut a tally on his arm, quickly dropping the gun and holding his arm. He put pressure on it, quickly grabbing for gauze.

He wrapped his arm and raced over to his bed, jumping on as he put more pressure on his arm. He bit his lip as the pain eased. He breathed out and unwrapped his arm, holding a cup under the cup, getting a few drops of blood in the clear cup. He rewrapped his arm and went to work.

He brought the bowl to his desk and splashed some water in the bowl. He mixed the light red liquid together with the end of a pen, looking to a small book that laid open. He took a pinch of salt from a small white bowl, and dashed it into the mixture. He then continued to stir. He then grabbed a vile and poured the mixture in with great patience and caution. Once the vile was full he grabbed a coat, threw it on, locked his door, and went running down the dorm halls.

He ran passed a few boys who shouted out to him, ignoring anyone between him and where he was going. He started to run a little slower and took a hard left into a set of double doors. He opened them up, looking in on the lab. No one was there, thankfully, as he sat down at a station and turned on a beakers flame. He took out the vile and poured a little into a heat dish as he held the metal dish over the blue flame.

He waited about thirty seconds before quickly grabbing the liquid off the burner. He took the liquid to a microscope and took a tiny bit on a slide. He looked down, seeing his white blood cells continuing to multiply under the heat pressure.

"Yes!" Damian jumped and shouted out as he grabbed the rest of the blood in the vile. He heated it all up, sterilizing it, and then put it into a containment cup. Damian set the cup in the incubator where about six other cups sat. He pumped a fist in the air.

"Wow, looks like the millionaire did something for once in his life? How wonderful." Damian looked up, seeing a girl, almost identical to him in everyway, standing in the lab doorway. "But what would the professor think if he knew you took your own blood to do the experiment. What a shame?"

Damian glared at the girl.

"Coralline. What would you profit from telling the Professor about one of my misadventures?" Damian asked. Coralline just smirked.

"I profit by getting you out of my school. And I would get to see the anger in your fathers eyes when he comes to the school to get his disappointment." Coralline turned to run out, Damian putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Please, Coralline, do not rat me out to the professor." Damian said, keeping his head long. Coralline stopped, looking at Damian's hung head. She sighed, shaking her head.

"Damian, you'll never learn. I guess I'll see you in class tomorrow. You're safe for now, but next time you might just not be as lucky." Coralline smirked before leaving, but don't think I won't tell that little boyfriend of yours." And with that she was gone.

Damian sat down on one of the various stools, sighing as he thought about the conversation he would be having in a few minutes. After a while he made his way back to the dorms, seeing his boyfriend sitting in front of his door, asleep.

"Fawn, Fawn?" Damian shock his shoulder and the boy started to wake up, lunging onto Damian.

"Damian! Cory just came up and said that you were cutting and using blood in an experiment. I know it's not true, but I had to come and check to just be sure that you were okay and that we were still okay." Fawn said, smiling as Damian unlocked his dorm.