16; I will protect Nii-san

"Nii-san, come back! "

"Rin!"

It was no use. Satan still stubbornly didn't budge from Rin's body.

"Yukio? "

"Nii-san? "

Rin's facial expression showed a tinge of confusion, but quickly changed back to under Satan's control.

"Hmm... It seems that Astaroth is paying him a visit in his dreams... " Satan hinted, trying to agitate Yukio.

"Nii-san? "

"Yukio... "

Stress washed over Yukio. How was he going to get Rin back? From Satan, the God of Gehenna?

"ungh... " that bastard, Astaroth... Seems like he's getting rough in his little dream...

Yukio was at a loss. Shoot, or not shoot? If he does, it would affect Rin's body but might help in defeating Satan. "Wait... But... Nii-san doesn't have his flames right now... My Naiad bullets won't affect him as much! " Yukio thought, slowly finding a way to defeat that douchebag who caused his father's death.

A few weeks ago

Blue flames appeared in a flurry in Yukio's hospital room.

"What is this? Who are you? Satan? " Yukio enquired, taken out of surprise and shock at its sudden appearance.

"Do you want to save your brother? "

"Accept us-"

"Wh-why? Are you nii-san? "

"We are his flames. "

"What motive do you have? " Yukio questioned, on edge.

"Why are you here? Shura questioned.

"If he dies, we will disappear too. We were forced out of his body by God Satan, and if we do not return soon, your brother will die, and obviously, so will we. Is that explanation enough? "

"If we can save my brother... Then fine. "

"Yukio! Don't be stupid! You think you can defeat Satan, even if you have the power of the flames? " Shura chided.

"If it's the only way to save nii-san, I will do it. I swore in front of father's grave that I will protect nii-san. "

Yukio spent weeks practising to control Rin's flames. Yes, weeks. That's how cool headed and strong Yukio was, being able to control it freely in just weeks.

Back to present

That's right. I have to save nii-san. These thoughts sounded in Yukio's head for the thousandth time.

"Astaroth... Piss off, would you? "

"Nii-san? Was that you? " Yukio shouted at the top of his lungs to reach Rin as he saw a glimmer of normalcy in Rin's eyes.

"Yukio? " The hostility in Rin's eyes turned to a glimmer of hope shining in his clear blue eyes.

"You filthy spawn of mine! Get back in, give it up! Your precious brother will only die. You don't want to see it, would you?! "

"Heh... Says the one who has full control. Now resorting to manipulation? " Yukio mocked sarcastically.

"Oh, shut up, would you? Have I ever admitted that you're my father? My only father is Fujimoto Shiro, the one you engulfed in flames with your filthy soul! How did you think I felt when I saw blood oozing out from his body? I was saved. Not to do some lazing around, thinking back and regretting my birth, but to do something! To do what old man raised me to do! To kick your ass, Satan. "

"Heheh. Surprising willpower as always, like 'your father', Fujimoto Shiro, that damned priest. "

With a cascading flow of blue flames flowing out of Rin's body, the once flowing blue flames disappeared quickly, leaving an exhausted Rin behind, laying on the cold floor, still.

"Nii-san! Are you okay? "

"I'll leave you for now. You see, I don't fancy some mere livestock saying that they'll kick my ass, well, when you can't even see my real ass! "

"That fucking asshole... Using father's voice... "

Oh, Yukio swore, all of us are going to win the lottery.

Yukio's footsteps enchoed in the large iron room as he ran to his older twin. Well, there's Kuro, trying to enter the door without contracting into his normal size.

Rin's eyes opened slightly, to see a tearing Yukio.

"Haven't been sleeping, have you, nii-san? " Yukio states as he observed the heavy eyebags under Rin's eyes.

"You won't... Be sleeping... If you remember what... You were just fed all night... And feel like vomiting on yourself. "

"Don't cry... Yukio... I'll find and beat up anyone who makes you cry... "

"Oh, then beat yourself up, nii-san. " Yukio cracked a light joke.

Rin's consciousness faded away with one light smile on his lips. His weak and limp body lay on Yukio's welcoming shoulders.

"Nii-san, let's get out. "

Yukio supported Rin's weight with a knee and walked out of the cell.

"Rin! " Kuro was more glad than anyone else that Rin was fine.

Ugh, help, guys, how am I supposed to progress this story? My head is literally bursting~

-shroudedbyshadows