Blackout (not edited)

It's been 2 weeks since the whole needle thing, Luke is making me visit some therapist every wednesday through friday. To talk about somethings that have happened over the least few months. But, I don't say anything. I feel like I've been chewed and spit back out. I have no one. No one understands how I feel, I'm the only person in the entire school who is the girl to stay away from, to not get to close or she'll scream. There is still the chattering buzz down the halls all the way around me, even if I'm not there, the stares are learning to burn their way through my skin.

The bell rang signaling free period is over. Breaking me out of my thoughts, the canvas that was once white, didn't look like it was the last time I remembered before I dozed off into my thoughts. It had a mix of colors all peicing itself into a memory I wish I had lost. I was clouded with emotion, I haven't painted since.....

My peers were placing all of their art supplies into the bins for the next class, I slowly got up. My hands shaking, my eyes watered as I tried to put a lock down on those memories.  I tried to calm my breathing, to calm my senses. The short steps to the hanging were enough to calm me down. There were bright colored paint and dull pencil shavings on my hands and face. When I look into the picture on the canvas, the sunset is moving over california gracefully, the bright yellow and orange blending in through the hollywood sign, sitting on a hill right inside the mountains. It was such a beautiful place back then, when the sun would set in the bright city. I  went there, once before my sixteenth birthday, before all the chaos broke into tiny bits as it was shoved down my throat.

The baby faced boy, I had bumped into which I have had time to come to know him as Kyle, he was hanging his piece which was a girl sobbing, with a picture cradled to her chest. She looked broken, too broken I watched as he pursed his lips, looking for flaws, in his sketch. 

"It's beautiful." I managed to whisper, if my throat didn't have so much unspoken words crammed down it would've sounded more normal.

He looked over at my picture. "Thanks. You're pretty good too." He said, as he wiped black and grey pencil smudges off his hand onto a hankercheif in his back pocket, it appeared to be wet.

"Um, bye." I whispered again. Before he could open his mouth to protest. I had left the art room and into the crowded hallway.

There he was, casually leaning against the lockers, talking quietly but seriously on the phone. My heart did a double-take and jumped to my stomach. I'm pretty confident I just died for three seconds. My legs went numb, my body turned to jelly. And I looked away. My plan was formed over the last two weeks,  I will stay away from him. I will push him away. I did some self-chanting in my head and gave my self a confidence boost. I looked back over where he was now talking angrily into his phone.

There has just been a little downfall to my plan. I've tried to push him away but, I end up bringing him closer. His slightest touches send signals through my mind, as if he's trying to tell me something. When he talks to me, it's like he's trying to push me off a never ending cliff and it scares me. Not even a cliff almost a black hole, because I'm blind to whatever emotions roll through me whenever I am in a five-mile-radius of him.

Someone touched my shoulder. I turned to find Mrs. Duroc. She a short pudgy woman with red hair but sweet as pie. "Piper. You need to take this painting home, I cant have it here." She smiled apolegetically. " You're free to paint and use any materials in here during free period, but you can't leave paintings here..." She turned away from me.

My painting felt like it weighed 5 pounds, or maybe it was just becasue I felt weak. I walked out of school for the rest of the day due to fatigue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ethans POV

"Kyle, I need you to find about more about her!" I yelled into the phone, I was getting frustrated. There was nothing I could find on her, not in any of the files, nothing.  We were currently discussing the hard lock on Piper's files in the school office.

"Okay, okay. Geez." After a few minutes of silence and heavy breathing. Kyle said something amazing. "What about her brother's files?"  My eyes lit up like a kid on christmas, squeezing the peice of hope that I had left.

After a few moments, I broke the silence. "What dies it say?" I urged. 

"U-uh, nothing." He said defeated. " All it says is the same things hers said. Age, sex, family, nothing to give a good reason to move across the state." I turned around and punched the lockers, leaving a dent. "Sorry, man. It looks like you'll have to get to know her by just simply..."

"Simply what?" I urged.

"Getting some balls." I hung up and stalked away from where I was, to the gym. Where I could see my precious kitten again..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I haven't updated in  while, but I just got my new laptop for christmas, and have been having trouble with ths chapter by re-writing it over and over again, stay innocent

~ Brittany

P.S My mom deleted my other account, I'm so mad.