25. Spwinter (Very Young Jetra)

A/N Jesse and Petra are one-year-olds. Misspellings are for comedic effect.
This came from my original one-shot book.

[Jesse]

"That's it easy does it." Mommy said as she watched me gently punch a small wooden log. It was my first time mining wood and I was twying my best, because Petwa was next-door and watching me. That girl is amazing, she is so tough and competitive, yet so kind and woving to people awound her. Her sleek red hair and her gwin was making me bwush.

"Oh! Hi Petwa! Mommy's showing me how you mine wood!" I bwush even wedder when I said her name wrong, but even more when she giggled sheepishly.

"Daddy says it's easy."

"It's so hard! It hurts, can you help me Petwa?" Again, I didn't say it right!

"I'll ask my daddy," she repwied, before sauntering back inside the house.

A moment later, she was standing beside me, giving me tips on how to mine the wood.

"I don't wanna punch harder!"

"I bewieve in you Jesse, twy harder!" Her words only encouwaged me to bwuise my fists even more. "It's cwacked! One more time!"

"One... more... time! Yah!" With one final swing of my fist, the wood was smashed to bits, I could collect it now. "Yay mommy I did it!" Mommy was congwatuwating and appwauding me.

"Well done, who's a cute boy? Who's a good little boy?" Her nose gently nuzzled against mine, and I giggled. But then I started to weep then cwy woudwy.

"MOMMY I GOT A BOO-BOO! WAAAGH!!!!" Petwa was examining my hand, my tender skin punctured by a tiny spwinter. Then with one tug, she pulled it out of my hand, bwood started to seep out of the hole and I winced and cwied out.

"Owie! Now I got an owie boo-boo!!!!"

"Daddy showed me how to do this," Petwa said, wunning inside the house and coming out with a bottle of alcowol and some cotton balls. She doused it, then pwessed it against my hand whilst I kept slobbering and weeping, Mommy twied hugging me to help. The alcowol burnt the wound, and I hissed

"Owie owie owie!"

[Petra]

Jesse is so cute! I can't resist him, especially when he cries! He is just adorable, like a cute puppy. I pressed the cotton more firmly against his skin, then removing it, the blood stopped. And Jesse stopped crying, but was still sniffling.

"It's okay. It's okay Jesse. It won't bweed anymore..." I gently embraced him.

"Th- thank you Petwa..." I snickered and replied "It's Petra." His mommy went back inside to grab a bandage.

Breaking away from him, I saw a cut on his lower lip. Instinctively, I kissed him, but he violently shook and backed away.

"Ew! Yuck! Don't kiss me Petwa!" And he's still saying it wrong. His reaction was so over the top, so cute!!!!!!

"You got a cut on your lip. Daddy also says kissing it makes it better!"

"But ew! Don't kiss me!" He started backing off, I pursed him, struggling onto the patio area and forcing himself against a corner. "Stay away fwom me!" I knew he liked me, I saw it in his eyes.

"You wuv me Jesse, I know it!" I squealed, forcing him against the said corner. He grabbed a stick but I easily disarmed him.

"I don't wuv you Petwa! No I don't!" He tried to excuse himself, and I just giggled and whispered