Some habits never change

Part 1

Requested by the lovely TheSceneBeane.

I used some original lines and scenes from the movie.

"Ascar(Hurry)!" Arwen shouted riding closer to the gates as the guards opened them for her. Lillie rushed out of her room to Arwen and when she reached the gates she noticed Arwen was carrying what appeared to be a child.

"Sana ho a'fallaner(Take him to the healer)!" Arwen said giving the "child" to one of the guards.

"Seler'amin(my sister)!" Lillie exclaimed and ran to Arwen. She looked so exhausted and had a cut on her cheek.

"Mani marte? Ya naa tanya(What happened? Who is that)? She asked concerned. "No time to explain to you now sister we need to go to Frodo..." Arwen said pulling her behind her as they headed for Frodo's room. Lillie soon found out that the child was really a hobbit from the Shire.

That night after Aragorn arrived with three more hobbits and Frodo was out of danger Arwen explained everything to her. A strange feeling kept her from sleeping as if she new that with the light of the new dawn her life would never be the same... She spent all night on her balcony sleepless waiting for the upcoming council.

When the sun finally rose in the sky she decided to go inside her room and get ready. She sat in front of the vanity that decorated her room and looked at herself in the mirror. Her long brown hair was still put in yesterday's braided half up do but messier and her her green eyes had traces of redness around their irises. Evidence of no sleep... Her human side made her vulnerable to small things such as tiredness. She noticed the black circles that were formed under her eyes as she unbraided and brushed her beautiful hair and remembered her mother. She never had dark circles under her eyes or messy hair, in fact she always looked flawless almost as if she was a beautiful dream. Her elven nature granted Lillie the choice between a mortal life and immortality just as long as she truly believed in her choice. Her father was a human bowman from next town that fell in love with her mother when she saved him from drowning. One day he was fishing a little bit further from Rivendell and fell into the water when one of the elven maids saved him. Their love was forbidden but in the end it overcame every obstacle and their souls are now united forever in the Undying lands. Not long after she lost them, Lord Elrond welcomed her in his family and since then Arwen and her are like sisters.

She let out a sigh setting the brush on the vanity. After she washed her face, took her morning bath and braided her hair again she headed for the door ready for the new day but before she reached it the door opened reveling Arwen.

"The council has started hurry!"

The girls ran to the council and found a hiding spot behind one of those heavy curtains so they could hear what would be said at the council. As the girls tried to listen closely Lillie caught a glimpse of something orange moving behind the other curtains across from them. She nudged Arwen with her elbow and showed her. The two ginger-haired hobbits Merry and Pippin where trying to eavesdrop as well.

"Hey! Pssst!" She whisper-shouted at them and their heads popped out of the curtains.

"Good day ladies..." Pippin said as they both waved at the girls making them giggle.

"What are you doing here?" Lillie asked smiling.

"We're eavesdropping. What are you doing here?" Merry answered gingerly.

"We're eavesdropping too..." She quietly giggled but quickly hid behind the curtains when one of the guards passed the hall. After a minute Lillie peecked to see if the guard left and focused on the council again.