Legolas Part 3

You fought to keep your eyes open. You wanted to enjoy every minute with him but the warmth of his body pushed you further into unconsciousness and you quickly fell asleep wrapped in the safety of his arms. The ride home was quite long but most of the time you were asleep. When you finally woke up and realized that you were still on his horse. You found yourself leaning on his chest and you took the golden chance to listen to his heartbeat. It was a steady and rhythmic beat. "What a lovely sound..." You thought to yourself... "Good you're awake... Did you rest well?" You jumped a bit startled by his voice. "I'm very sorry my lady I did not mean to scare you..." "Please your majesty... I am the one who should be apologizing... I shouldn't fall asleep on you..." You said lifting your head off his chest... "Who said that I didn't like it?" He said pulling you back on his chest. You blushed like crazy but remained still.

After a while of riding you saw Thranduil's enormous gates and entered them. He gave the horse to another elf and carried you to your room (you gave him directions). He gently placed you on your bed and sat down next to you.

Elise and Gwen rushed in the room once they knew you were back. "Are you alright child?? Who did this to you???" "What happened??" they bombed you with questions. You could really see the stress and worry written on their faces. "Please ladies let the girl rest... She had a difficult day today. And could you please call the healer?" "Yes your majesty!" They said together leaving the room.

You rested your head on the bedhead and closed your eyes. You had a horrible headache thinking your head was going to explode when all of a sudden... "I thought I'd never see you again..." You felt his fingertips brush a stray strand of your hair off your face and placing it behind your ear. You opened your eyes in shock. You thought you were hallucinating because that creature hit you on your head. "What???" You asked. The tone of your voice betrayed how much he surprised you. "I said that the thought of never seeing you again drove me crazy... And I'm very happy that now I can do this..." he said in a husky voice while he slowly leaned towards you. His left hand moved under your chin lifting it so he could kiss you. Your already aching head started spinning and you thought you were about to have a heart attack but the moment his lips touched yours every nerve in your body calmed down. You finally closed your eyes and gave into the kiss. It felt so right so natural. He started kissing you slowly and gently but then his kiss grew more fierce and demanding. His right hand was entangled with your (y/h/c) hair pulling your face closer to his. Suddenly you heard the sound of the doorknob and quickly pulled away from each other ending the kiss. The healer came in through the door accompanied by Gwen and Elise. Legolas got up from the side of your bed, greeted them and left the room giving you one last glance. "Wow.... My first kiss...."

~One week later~

Your ankle is fully healed after a week and you are able to do your chores again. This morning Elise woke you up and helped you prepare breakfast for king Thranduil and Legolas. Sadly two other maids served them their breakfast and you got stuck with washing the dishes after. You couldn't stop thinking about him and his glorious kiss all week. You were so deep into daydreaming about him that you didn't realize that someone was in the room.

It was Legolas. He came next to you and with a smooth move he kissed you again. This time it was a small peck on the lips but enough to make you smile... You would catch a glimpse of him here and there and he would give you small smiles but you didn't have the chance to actually talk to each other all week.

"I'm glad to see you are healed" "Thank you my lord" You said blushing. "I believe that formal addressing is not necessary between us anymore... You can call me by my name." You nodded shyly. "And I shall call you by yours..." "Please do my lor- Legolas..." He gave you a gorgeous half grin and stepped closer to you. "Your lips taste of peaches and sweet innocence..." he whispered in your ear... He's breath made you shiver. He sensed it and smiled. "Meet me in the gardens at midnight." He said and left giving you no time to answer.

~Midnight~

You left your (y/h/s) hair falling freely on your shoulders and you wore one of your mom's pretty dresses and a blue stole. It was a long light blue dress with small flowers around your hem. You walked through the gardens but there was no sign of him. "I don't understand he told me to meet him here at midnight. Where is he?" You thought as the fear of rejection appeared. "You look so beautiful under the moonlight." You turned around and ran in his arms. He held you tight against him. He's so much bigger than you but you fit perfectly in his arms. "I thought you wouldn't come and that it was all my imagination." "I can assure you my love that it is all true. It's true since the first day I heard you sing by the river." he said kissing the top of your head. "You my little one, you have stolen my heart a long time ago." "You actually knew that I existed??" You asked surprised realizing that it was a stupid question. "I know everything about you my love. I've seen your kindness beyond your beauty and I've fallen in love with it." "I've been in love with you since the day I met you. Why didn't you tell me?" "I was a coward and a fool until Elise and Gwen told me about your sudden disappearance. The thought of you hurt, was killing me and I made a promise that day." "What promise my love?" "I promised that I would find the courage to ask you to be my wife." You lifted your face to look at him."But we can not be together my love... You are the prince of Mirkwood and I am just a servant, a half elf..." You said with tears in your eyes. "I don't care! I love you and that's all I know. I want to be with you (y/n)!" "I want to be with you too but your father would never approve this union." "He already has..." Once again you couldn't believe what you just heard. "What? How? When??" "I am his son (y/n)... He wants me to be happy and he finally realized that I can not be happy without you." You were left speechless. "So? Will you marry me (y/n)?" "Yes!" You said at last and he gave you one of the sweetest kisses.

A month later you two got married. When he was called to Rivendell you followed him and fought next to each other in every battle since. When Sauron was finally defeated and the ring of power destroyed you both returned to Mirkwood. Although you had one huge war scar across the length of your right leg and a smaller one on your left cheek his feelings for you never changed (even Thranduil loved you as a daughter eventually). On the contrary, your love for each other still blooms like a beautiful rose to this day.

Thanks for reading guys! I really hope you enjoyed the story and sorry it took me so long to upload this part. Please let me know if you have any requests! :-)