Princess of Rivendell PART 2

"Eunice! Eunice! Wake up!" She heard a familiar voice calling her name.

"Mother?" She opened her eyes and questioned confused. Eunice searched for her as she sat up. She winced as pain shot from her wounded rid. She noticed that she was sitting on the cold ground of her father's palace only there were no furnishings and even the tapestries were gone.

Although the place felt strange there was a bright light coming in from outside warming the whole building.

"Eunice!" Her head snapped towards the voice. She gasped when she saw her mother standing in the doorway that led to the garden... (y/m/n) just smiled and started running outside. It seemed to her as if her mother wanted her to follow... She stood up and walked as fast as she could holding her wound. When she stepped outside the light blinded her. She covered her eyes and tried to figure out were all that light came from. "Mother? Is that you?" All she got in return was another giggle and the sound of footsteps running off. She followed that sound and found herself standing in front of a gate covered with beautiful flowers of every color and kind. There stood her mother indeed... She had her arms open inviting Eunice in her embrace. "It is you!" She shouted and ran in her arms. "I missed you! I missed you so much!" She cried on her shoulder. "I've missed you too love." (Y/m/n) kissed the top of her head. Eunice looked at her. She was smiling and she was so beautiful and bright. Then it dawned to her...

"But you're...dead... I don't understand. How is this possible?" Her mother smiled and answered with her usual calm tone. "Yes my child, I am..."

"Then why am I able to talk to you?" She asked as panic started crawling inside her. "Am I dead too?!"

"That my child is the right question... Are you?" She said pointing at the flower-covered gate. Eunice walked slowly to the gate but hesitated.

"It is not your time yet my beautiful daughter. A bright life is waiting for you on the other side of this gate. He is waiting for you..." Eunice was speechless.

Her hand reached for the doorknob and turned it opening the gate but before she stepped inside she turned to look at her mother for one last time.

"Remember child your father and I will always protect and love you. We are proud of you!"

"I love you too..." She said as tears ran down her face.

"Now go and live happily my love."
Eunice nodded and stepped inside of what seemed to be a tunnel. Suddenly a bright light surrounded her and lifted her in the air. She could hear voices coming closer and closer until she felt as if she landed hard on the ground and opened her eyes with a loud gasp.

"Eunice! You're awake!" Legolas spoke.

"Legolas? What....? Where are you? What's going on?" She was scared and that really echoed in her voice.

"I'm right behind you. We are captives Eunice. They tied us on a tree but I promise you I will find a way for us to escape." He tried to whisper the last part so the orcs wouldn't hear although most of them were sleeping deeply.

"Keep it down now will you?" An angry orc shouted at them and continued snoring... For a few moments silence fell between the two of them. Eunice was the first to break it.

"Legolas?" She whispered.

"Yes?"

"I'm scared..." She admitted lowering her head... A few tears escaped out of her eyes and onto her lap. She felt his hand on hers. Their fingers intertwined.

"Don't be... Because I won't let them hurt you anymore. Moreover I managed to reach your hidden dagger..." He said as he cut the rope around one of his wrists and then the other. He freed her too and they quickly wiggled out of the ropes. He helped her up but still she was too weak even for walking. He slid his arm around her waist to keep her up. She blushed and tried to hide it.