ISIDAR Part 3

Everyone starts running forward as fast as they can towards the trees. It's a dead end but they continue running regardless. Ellie is running just a couple meters behind Fili. She can feel the wargs gaining on them. Their howlings and their growlings make her blood freeze. Fear threatens to take over her body, her feet slowly paralize failing her, her lungs are desperate for more oxygen and her eyes are teary blurring her vision but she's determined to win those pieces of filth!

"Ellie!" Fili shouts reaching out for her to take his hand. Once Fili has a good hold of her and he lifts her up a tree and follows behind her.

"Keep climbing as far as you can go Ellie!" He encourages her. She does as she is told and reaches almost the top of the tree just underneath Gandalf. Fili is standing next to her with one arm wrapped securely around her waist and the other holding the tree to keep them in place. Ellie hugs him terrified and he tightens his grip on her to comfort her.

She hears the horrific sound of the voice of the great white orc speaking in black speech challenging Thorin. He commants his wargs to kill everyone but him.

 Thorin he wanted for himself...

 The company witnesess in horror as wargs try to climb up the trees. Their weight is breaking the roots of the trees causing them to fall like a domino one on another until all of the dwarves and their companions are hanging from the last tree on the edge of the cliff. Gandalf grabs a pine cone and sets it on fire. 

"Fili!"He shouts and passes him the pine cone. Fili quickly helps Bilbo light another pine cone on fire and then they both throw them on the wargs. Soon everyone is throwing pine cones at the wargs making them pull back. Suddenly the tree roots start to break until the tree is hanging from the cliff. Ellie lets out a scream as the tree moves and she looses her balance but Fili is quick and pulls her back to safety. He's holding her tighter now. Somehow Ellie finds herself enjoing the feeling of his arm around her waist.  "Shhhh.... It's ok, I got you."  He says holding her in his warm and safe embrace as he strokes her hair.

The burning pine cones start a fire in the woods but even the sound of the raging fire can not cover the bloodcurdling voice of Azog who's speaking to Thorin. Azog is standing behind the wall of fire furious. *"Faavhas diun shal drutimer juukav lat ayh goaumn avo Thorin ukon ro Thrain!" Thorin clenches his fists as he stands on his feet and walks on the tree trunk, towards the great white orc.

"Thorin! He's trying to trick you he's going to kill you!" To everyone's surprise Ellie was the one warning him. But Thorin continues being Thorin and answers to Ellie...

"Mind your own business woman!"

"Stop! You'll get killed you idiot I'm trying to help you!" She shouts again but he ignores her and immerges through the fire. He didn't feel the heat of it at all. No fire can match the fire of rage that grows inside him with each step he takes. He feels it burning his insides as he speeds up. He lifts the Orchrist in the air screaming his anger out. The sword ready to strike upon the enemy with mighty vengance when Thorin finds himself in between the jaws of a vile warg. It's teeth are piercing his flesh. Everything seems to slow down for Thorin even the sound of the sword falling free from his hand on the ground seems to be slower and heavier. He didn't feel the pain of sharp teeth sinking to the very bone but the pain of failure in his heart. 

"THORIN!" Kili screams out his uncles' name in agony and dashes towards the orcs. Ellie stays motionless. Fili turns her face to face him and strokes her hair noticing how beautiful her dirty blonde hair is. He looks down at her lips for a brief moment and then straight into her eyes. He looks like he's struggling to say something to her but instead he strokes her cheek and lifts her up in the air for Gandalf -who is already trying to save Dori and Ori- to keep her safe.