chapter 13

chapter 13

"So, how have you been these days?" He sat down at a table outside and waited for my answer.

I laughed. "You mean this friday?" 

He laughed too. "Yeah, how have you been, this friday, without work and me?"

I smiled at him. I haven't been seeing him in like 24 hours and he asks me how I have been. That's cute. But my friday hasn't been cute. Harry showed up at my door and gave me my phone back and then, like 10 minutes after he becames angry and decided to leave. And then of course, he messages me in the middle of the night to tell me he gave me his number. He's so hard to read. I mean, what does he wants? One seconds he's nice and then he's cocky and angry. It's like he's in puberty again. Or maybe he's still there? I don't know and I don't want to know. I guess.

"Well.." I started. "Pretty good, I guess"

Daniel took a sip of his coffee and raised his eyebrows. "You guess?"

"Uh yeah" I slurred. "I guess"

Oh god. What am I even saying? Thanks Harry, for helping me get not enough sleep. 

Daniel started to laugh. "Silly" He poked me on my arm. "But seriously, are you alright? And don't tell me you guess"

Just to get him annoyed I nodded and said "I guess".

He saw that I was trying to make him angry so he laughed. "Idiot" 

Daniels laugh is actually kind of beautiful. I've never thought of that before. It's just that kind of laugh that you have to laugh along with. So we both just sat down at a table around lots of people and laughed. We laughed at exactly nothing. I'm so happy I have Daniel. I mean this is the closest i've ever been to someone in a really long time. 

I could finally breathe normally again so I took a deep breath and I decided to tell Daniel about Harrys little show last night. "Okay, seriously" I sighed. "My friday wasn't that great.."

Daniels eyes became serious and he slowly sat up in the chair. "Oh.." He said and came closer. "Let me guess.. You saw the P.A.B boys.."

"Almost"

"You saw Luke?" He just came closer and closer with his head. 

"Not really" I said and looked down. Was I ready to tell him this? That i'm so clumsy that I forgot my phone, and Daniels worst enemy returns it back and then I let him in to my house. Ah, whatever. 

"Then tell me" He almost whispered.

"Well, Harry showed up"

His eyes became cold.

"Oh, him.."

"He knocked and told me I forgot my phone at the bank so he returned it. And then he kind of invited himself so he walked in and.."

I saw Daniel became mad. "You let him in?!" His eyes were cold and he looked at me with confusion and anger. 

"I didn't have a choice.. By the way he's actually kind of nice.." 

"He's a criminal" 

Daniel was right. Why did I even say that he was nice? He's just rude and mean.. And cocky. But still, he's forced to do it. Would he still be like this if it wasn't for this P.A.B thing? There is some evil person out there who's taking young people to do things he wants. Is it really the poor boys fault then if they're cocky and rude? Oh, this is so messed up. I don't know what to think. 

"Yes" I finally sighed. "You're right, i'm sorry"

Daniel relaxed and sighed. "I don't want you to be like them Jenna" He said. "I don't want to lose more people than I already have to them"