Chapter Sixteen

Elliot

By the time we get home it is already almost dark, it gets dark early here. Bella lays her head on my shoulder as we drive back home. God I love her. Everything about her is so perfect, if I believed in god I'd thank him for creating an angel.

I, on the other hand, are on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. My past is frayed, I am not a good person, everything about me is damned. Except for the part of me that I become when I'm around her. Which is why I can't let her go.

As the car rolls to a stop on the bumpy gravel driveway, I brush my hand over Bella's face.

"We're home." I tell her and she sits up quickly, stretching her arms out as if to pretend she wasn't dozing off.

"Mmm, okay." She hums quietly.

I open the door and hold it open for her to get out. When she does we make our way up to the cottage.

"I had so much fun today." She tells me as we step into the living room.

"I'm glad." I say with a smile. It makes me bean with happiness seeing her happy.

"Thank you so much Elliot." She says giving me a light kiss on my lips.

When she pulls away I find them aching for her touch. My whole body actually.

"But I need to get these heels off before my feet actually fall off." She laughs, turning and walking to the bathroom.

I go into our room and sit on the bed. I just think for a while about everything going on in my life.

"Babe..." Bella calls from the bathroom. I hear the knob turn and she walks up to me.

"Can you unzip me, I can't seem to reach the dang thing." She says, a bit of her southern accent poking out at the end of her sentence.

"Of course." I say standing up.

She turns around and I slowly unzip the dress. Her tanned back reveals itself to me as the zipper inches down. Fuck she's so hot.

When the dress is fully unzipped, I reach my hand up to her back and allow my fingertips to graze her skin. She squirms underneath my touch and giggles.

I pull her closer to me and kiss down her back. She sighs quietly and I can feel her muscles relax between my lips.

My fingers brush up her back again, this time pushing the sleeves of the dress off of her shoulders so it falls to the floor.

She stands in front of me, her body a curvy silhouette. All of the beautiful ink on her body pops from the tan hue of her skin.

I kiss the rose tattoo on her shoulder and run my lips up to her neck.

I almost feel as though I need to move her hair out of my way but I remember it's short now.

"You are so beautiful." I whisper in her ear and see her smile and lean her head back onto my shoulder.

"And I love you." I say, turning her to face me. I mean the words I say. I am in love with everything about her.