Chapter Six

Elliot

When I get back to my cell... well our cell now. I just lay in my bed and look up at the ceiling. Fuck. I just did exactly what she wanted and didn't even try to argue.

What's wrong with me? I've thought women were pretty before, beautiful even, but there is something different about her. I don't know what it is but I need to make it stop before I do or reveal something I'll regret.

"Want a Dorito?" William asks. His hand swings down, holding a dorito. What the hell, how does he have those?

Damn it, now I have to keep this act up even when I'm in my cell.

I don't say anything, I just take the chip and devour it quickly. He snickers while I do so.

Turning to the side, I look at the blank white wall.

How am I going to get out of here?

I could try to make more progress while William is with Bella. Yeah. That will have to do I guess.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, my first visitor will be coming here to bring me something that should make this a little bit easier.

My eyes role back and I have the urge to go to sleep but I've been sleeping a lot since I've got here. I need to do something besides sleep.

I role off of the bed and start doing push-ups. I need to do something more active to pass the time.

The next morning I awake earlier than usual. In my dreams, the screams of the ones who's lives I've taken are all I can hear. It's been this way since I was young, 17 maybe. It mostly started while I was in Juvy and now that I'm here it's like they are worse than ever.

I stand up and rub the sleep from my eyes. William is still sleeping and I use this to my advantage.

I've been putting off the urge to use the toilet in front of him and now I have the chance since he's sleeping.

I decide to work out for about an hour until I hear the bed squeak signaling William is awake.

There is probably only another 10 or 15 minutes until the guards get here to give us our meds anyway.

Damn, I didn't even think about what I'm going to do about my meds. How am I supposed to throw them up while he's in here?

I get back into bed and lay on the uncomfortable mattress facing the white brick wall. I try to concentrate on something besides the sound of William taking a dump. He clearly doesn't share the same dignity as me.

I find myself wondering if he has had a cell mate in the past. How long has he even been in here? And what did he do to be here? All of these questions swirl around my brain and it makes my head hurt.

Not like any of these questions really matter. Soon Bella will have him removed from my cell like I told her too.

Suddenly I hear the guards talking as they make their way down the hallway, giving each person their medication.

When they reach our cell they unlock the door and open it.

"Pill time Hendrix." The guard says. His voice makes me want to beat his head in with a brick.