Chapter Ten

Elliot

This weekend has gone by agonizingly slow. There are no sessions over the weekend. We do, however, get two hours of free time instead of one. But all that means for me is more time to spend studying the outside. Watching the guards, at each corner of the yard, look around for any unusual activity.

I haven't been able to find a way to get my hands on a janitor uniform. I'm afraid I'm going to have to resort to a more desperate measure.

As I lay in my bed on Monday morning, I actually dread going to my session this morning. I can't put her in this position, and I can't even put that much trust in the hands of someone I barley know. I mean just look at how she reacted when I brushed her thigh.

But that slit second when she did nothing. She was fighting of the urge to give in to the temptation, much like I am.

I really hope I'm right about her because if not, when I go in there in a few minutes, my entire plan could be destroyed.

As much as I hate to admit it, a very small part of myself wants to stay here, stay with her. Because once I leave, I'm not coming back. I will probably leave her resenting me and herself for the rest of her life. I just pray that if she does do this for me, she doesn't get caught.

I have done so many terrible things to people in my life, some of them being innocent. But the thought of hurting her is unbearable. The affect she has on me honestly scares me. I've never felt this way about anyone.

"Come on Anderson, time to go." The guard says. I hadn't even notice them nearing my cell. I was too indulged in my thoughts.

I stand up and they cuff my hands in front of me, just like they do anytime we go anywhere.

I have memorized the halls of this place, well at least the halls from my room, the cafeteria, the lounge and Bella's office, anyway.

As we walk, I continue to think about whether I should ask Bella for this favor. What other choice do I have? None. There is no other way I could get my hands on one without being caught, or risking being caught. I'm risking being caught by asking her for this but part of me believes that she will come through, or that, even if she doesn't, she won't tell anyone.

She's never told anyone anything before, as far as I know.

I need to ask her. For my sister. If she is really being held as leverage, I need to get her safe. I need to get her as far away from all of this, as far from me, as possible.

Just the image of her in danger in my mind, is enough to put me on edge.

When we reach Bella's office the guard knocks on the door.

"Come on in!" She yells like she does every day when we come here. Her voice is so soft, but so powerful at the same time. I don't know how she does it.

The guards walk me in and I allow myself a glimpse at her before looking away. Today she is dressed more casually than she normally is. She wears black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt that allows me to see the tattoos on her arms. The one on her shoulder peaks out from under the shirt.

The guards cuff me to the metal table. I don't look up at her until I hear the door close behind them.

When I do, I notice she isn't wearing any makeup today. She looks even more beautiful without it. God I wish I could stop time just to look at her. Not that I mind if she notices, I just want to take my time.