Chapter Nine

Bella

I wake up on Friday feeling much better than I did the day before. But then again I didn't stay up late last night either so I guess that makes sense.

I fix my hair in my rear view mirror before walking inside.

As I walk through the building, to my office, I say hi to my colleagues.

I sometimes feel isolated from the rest of the people I work with, and I occasionally feel as though they look down on me. Whatever, a lot of them are over dramatic anyway. I like being in my own little bubble with nobody bothering me.

"Hey Montgomery, you look nice today!" Nancy says as I walk past. I thank her as I walk. She is so sweet! She's always complements me.

When I get to my office I sip my coffee and organize my desk before Elliot gets here.

There are so many papers that need to be shredded and others that are in the wrong folders.

It's kinda funny that I've always considered myself such an organized person and now I have patients papers all mixed up.

When I've finally got all of my papers in order, I stick them back in my filing cabinet, only leaving out Elliot's. It is five till 7, he should be here any minute.

My stomach turns and I don't want to admit to myself that I secretly can't wait for him to walk through the door.

Just the thought makes me feel unsettled. But at the same time the thought of him sets me on fire from the inside out. I had a dream about him last night and although I tell myself it was just a dream and didn't mean anything, I can't help but feel like it did.

He came in for his session, but instead of being cuffed to the table, he was able to walk around freely.

I'm unable to remember the entire dream, it's mostly just bits and pieces of things he did and said.

One part of the dream he was looking out a window at a field of daisies and asked me if I would lay with him. I said yes. We laid together, my body molding against his perfectly. I find myself craving for how I felt in the dream to be a reality. But I know it could never be. People like me and people like him are not meant to be together and I have come to realize that is just the way it is. It's not up for debate, and he is in this place for life so it's not even like I can think these things about him. If anyone ever saw the way we are around each other they would not allow me to be his therapist anymore. Hell, I would probably get my license taken away.

The thought clears my mind the second I hear the knock one my office door.

"Come on in!" I say folding my hands in front of me.

The guards walk Elliot into the room and sit him down in the chair, cuffing him to the table.

Each time I see him, the hair on his face gets a little bit longer. Of course they can not use razors in here under the circumstances. However, once a month they are allowed a hair cut and twice a month a shave, done by someone else.

When the guards are out of the room and the door is shut I turn my attention to Elliot.

He has deep settled bags under his eyes causing me to furrow my eyebrows.