Acceptance or none?

Chapter Five

Acceptance or none?

It was comforting being in his arms. He welcomed me with a sweet kiss on my cheek. Such a gesture made me want to melt into a puddle.

My heart hammered in my chest  while he was embracing me at the moment. It freaked me out that there was absolutely no sign of him. The only thing that made me aware of him being around me was his perceptible slow, light breathing and a small hunch of his presence getting easier for me to discern.

I have gotten accustomed to him in such a short period of time. In that matter, I have lost a total count of how many times I've called myself crazy these past few days. I never pictured myself to care less right now if I had a serious hallucinating problem.

All day I thought of him, debating with my consciousness if I was earnestly crossing the line between the land of reality or complete fiction.

With no self-control, I secretly let out a soft sigh, enjoying his masculine company.

Why wasn't he real and only a spark of my wild imagination?

Hell, I must have an imagination of a five-year-old girl if this kept going on.

My phone's screen lit up, indicating a text from Zach.

Zach... I literally forgot about him. He was my boyfriend. I couldn't enjoy the presence of some invented guy from my imagination. It was wrong... Or maybe it wasn't. Anyway, Zach wouldn't know and neither will he find out about it. I was going to take my sweet revenge on him from what he did to me today...

I sensed the corner of my mouth stretch into a sneer. It felt so wrong, but there was something dangerously attractive to what I had in mind.

I felt his grip tighten around my body, gaining, once again, my full attention. Before I knew it, a huge wave of warmth wrapped enclosing me like a blanket. As to heighten my senses, his lips went near my ear, brushing against the sensitive part of my skin. Those plump lips, which I could recognize anytime and anywhere, moved, mouthing to me something as if trying to pronounce a few words, which were unfortunately mute to my ears.

I couldn't make out exactly what he was saying to me.

I needed to discover who he was, even if he doesn't really exist but only in my creative mind.

I wasn't certain if my body would follow when I decided to turn myself around his possessive arms and lean my head onto his solid chest.

I closed my eyes lightly trying to remember precisely how he looked like in the mirror. I now wished if I could have another glance at him.

Instead, I guided my fingers among his face, hoping to not poke his eye out. He appeared to have a 5 o'clock shadow and thick eyebrows. His slow breathing was cold and I began to smell a fresh scent emanating from him. He was really becoming an intoxicant upon me.

Hence, the exhaustion took over me, like so many times, after spending a day where hell was on earth and I chose to rest against him, shutting my eyes for a while.

We stayed embracing each other for what seemed like an eternity.

When my eyelids opened, it was already dark and my apartment was meticulous as ever. Before I could even take another breath, he took me by the hand and dragged me along my home. I stumbled over my feet a couple of times, surprised by the way he was leading me to my bedroom. I couldn't suppress the reality of someone invisible to the naked eye, who was probably some incredibly sexy wondering ghost, pulling me around.

Once I passed the threshold of my bedroom door, he let go of my hand. For a minute, there was absolutely no sign if him anymore, until my bed's duvet flipped over to one side and a pillow being patted down smoothly. He must have realized that I hadn't moved a muscle, as I was aware that my day clothes were still on me. I quickly spotted my pyjamas, grabbed them and gunned into my bathroom, slamming and locking the door. I changed my work wear into a comfy pyjama ensemble with butterflies patterned all over the material.

Ergo, I wasn't quite sure if he was able to see through walls or even go through them.

I got out hastily of the bathroom, only to meet up with an impatient ghost awaiting me. He was already in bed, as I could perceive the shapes and forms of his muscular body underneath the covers. He also picked out one of my books on my nightstand and began to read, whilst all I could see was a floating book in mid-air.

He had put down the book where he found it and I felt his eyes racking me from head to toe. Unexpectedly, he patted the spot next to him on the bed. I went with my gut and advanced towards the bed, mesmerized by the invisible man's slight movements on the mattress. He tucked me in bed, pulling the covers over my body and embraced me in his steel arms once more.

His thumb circled many times my wrist, where there was a small butterfly tattoo that I got during my vacation. For some vague reason, I gained a reluctant obsession to butterflies on my trip and it stayed with me till now.

I stirred around and placed myself so that my face was against his chest with him holding me close.

A sigh escaped my lips as he planted a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I desperately wanted to discover him on every edge.

I wished to hold onto someone that seemed to be out of my reach. However, I needed it, desired it. Who was he anyway? Then it turned out to be him, an invisible man that might be lost, trapped somehow into its form of invisibility. There was some sensation, a feeling that kept growing, getting stronger, exuding from him. From now on, I was obliged to keep it a secret, something that only I could cherish. He was my discovery now, and not just some elusive part of my imagination.

------------------------

Sorry for the long wait!! These days have been pretty crazy. I can promise that the next chapter will be AMAZING and something that everyone has been waiting for. Patience, is the key :p

Enjoy this chapter & comvote if you may