My Delight, My Feast

Chapter 21

My Delight, My Feast

"We all have demons, I just choose to feed mine."

I can see her.

I can see the emerald fabric of her dress shifting elegantly as she walks.

Stimulated by her sudden proximity, the skin on my knuckles tighten, each cell accelerates to join the other cells in haste to rejuvenate my flesh. So near, yet too far a part from her as I desire a simple caress. My hands yearn too feel her silky skin glistening in the shy moonlight.

My vision was hindered by the bristles of the bushes moving in the breeze. I wanted to savagely run after her, but my physical state was in shock due to the rush and frenzy of her souls radiance.

I closed my eyes, the skin of my eyelids were no longer patched. It felt so soothing as they gave my eyes comfort and shelter. I stretched my limbs, allowing them, to dangle at the sides of my body as I surrendered myself to completion. I welcomed it with open arms. The blood circulating in my veins felt warm, vivid and energizing. A surge of triumph seized me along with the synchronization of my heart beat.

She'll be mine tonight.

My delight.

My feast.

The moment didn't last long enough, when all of the sudden there was a tug of resistance. It interfered with the flow of her energy towards me. In little time, our connecting rapidly began to diminish, slipping through my fingers like a liquid than can never be contained.

I drew back a whimper, my power and transformation was shifting away from my control.

I fell to the ground onto my knees as the extremities of limbs grew cold, the warmth that was once there dissipated and disappeared along with my hope and strength. All that was left, was a small pit of warmth at the very core of my body.

I raised my stiff head in her direction where she should be sharing her radiancy with me.

She wasn't hurt or damaged. Than why did it all come to a stop if she wasn't the troubled source?

Briefly forgetting my new acquired ability, I forced myself to slowly blink, refreshing my thoughts and concentrating my energy to search the cause of the interference.

My eyes darted to the dead leaves mixed with soil as they flew into mid air.

There was another presence, another similar creature like me generating the resistance.

Something was following closely and guiding her, stuck to her side like her shadow.

His dark garments were perfectly in camouflage with his surroundings by hiding the glow that her radiance gave him as he fed off her like a parasite. He wore gloves to mask the sparks of light that emitted whenever he touched her that was led by the contact of his tainted being with the great intensity and proximity of her flamed soul.

He was stronger than me. He took over me. I now realized that I was only able to absorb her shortly in the opportune moment when he was distracted by the other woman who accompanied him.

My muscles weakened as I collapsed at full length on the ground.

I started to wonder if Tina has felt me as she worriedly looked around before he rested his hand on her shoulder, aspirating the charm of her soul. To my disbelief, I could nearly see sparks of light being transferred from her shoulder to his grip, then travelling to his arm and throughout the rest of his corpse.

He defeated me once again.

The last strong beat of my heart thumped within me, leaving my blood to cool and dry out.

She'll no longer be mine tonight. She'll be his.

His delight.

His feast.

---------------

Finally!!! Here's chapter 20! Sorry for the 3 month wait!

I'll be posting very soon the next chapter!
Enjoy :)