epilogue

Three weeks later

---

I kissed Vic lazily as he looked up at me from my chest. I was tired. I had worked for ten hours today and just got off work two hours ago. But, Vic wanted to see a movie when I got out and we had just gotten home. I was surprised I hadn't fallen asleep during the movie, actually.

"Hey, I love you," Vic said. He kissed my chest as it rose gently but fell abruptly.

"Mm, I love you too," I mumbled but Vic continued to talk. He did this sometimes and I often fell asleep at his words, hearing every last one of them regardless.

"There isn't a moment that goes by that I don't think about the things you would do for me, Kellin. And I appreciate every last one of them. When I see you work so hard, though, my heart saddens. I want to work just as hard for you as you do for your mom, me and yourself. Sometimes, I wish you'd let me get beaten up by Justin because they I could feel just what you felt. But I know it wouldn't be close to the burden you'd lay on your chest for letting me get hurt. And for that, I can only be grateful and lucky. Lucky that I've met someone like you who's accepted me for who I am and is willing to work ten hours and go see some stupid movie with me. Grateful for a guy who loves me for my dorkiness and takes care of me, knowing I'll take care of him. I love you, Kell. I hope you rest knowing that." He kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"I love you more," I said before falling asleep with him clinging to my torso and me holding him there. I did love him. There wasn't a doubt in my mind about it and I'd carry the thought along with him in my mind.