19: Homos

A/N: Ciao beauties! :) Hope you're all well! Sorry it's been a few days but #ihazbeenbusy :P I just wanted to say a quick thank you for all of your support, reads, comments, votes etc so far, because it is so incredibly heartwarming and it makes me so happy to know what you think. Lots of love, River. (P.S. I know I'm a cliffhanger whore but THIS DOESN'T COUNT AS ONE! ;)) xoxo

19: Homos

'And did you want to find out the gender of the baby?' The doctor asked, a brightly smiling Irish woman with curly blonde hair.

I turned to look at Drew, whose hand had been entwined with mine ever since we walked into the hospital a little nervously.

Over breakfast and the course of the morning, things had mercifully been sorted out between us, and I did feel a strange sense of contented bliss now.

'I've missed your arse,' I had murmured back to Drew a few hours ago when we sat in the car, my eyes closed as I had savored the feel of his forehead against my cheek. My own hand came up and curved around his face, cradling it, my fingers knotting a little into his chocolate hair.

The sound of our breathing filled the car and the air and it was the only other thing I was aware of except for the blaring of the air conditioner and the feel of his skin against mine, which sent electricity through my veins: I could feel my heart racing, sending a giddiness through me that made my breathing hitch and my face flush.

Slowly, I let my hand fall again and Drew pulled back. We were turned sideways in our seats, and I could see just how clear his eyes looked, almost like they were made of water, and I was certain I was drowning in it.

As the two of us leaned in, my eyes fluttered shut, and he locked our lips together in a long and lingering kiss, soft and feeling almost as if I was eating marshmallows. Our mouths moved gently together as I rolled my tongue against his, the feelings that it induced collecting in my heart and sending warmth flooding through me, as my hands moved back up to his hair and tangled at the crown and at the base of his neck.

When I pulled away finally after a solid amount of time, my breath was coming in labored puffs as I tried to catch it again, Drew's bright eyes and heavier breathing mirroring mine.

'So I take it that kiss means you're really damn sorry, too?' I said with a smile, glancing up at him through my lashes flirtatiously.

Drew grinned.

We had made our way to a café called The Turtle Shell for breakfast, a beautifully decorated little place that made it feel exactly like you were sat looking out to the sea. It was independently owned, but a sign on one of the walls showed that they had another branch by the seaside. The city I lived in was relatively close to the coast, about an hour's drive away, but this place had captured that beachy and summery feeling perfectly.

A tired looking boy of about eighteen or nineteen, with bleary blue eyes and a hangover came to take our order, his light brown hair pulled back in a tiny ponytail and wearing a Foster the People shirt. He was kind of cute in a too young to care university student sort of way.

'Hang on,' he said excitedly, his eyes dawning with recognition as he properly looked at Drew after hearing Drew's voice and he had first taken my order. 'It's you - from The Predator? Dude, that film was fricking awesome! I love you!' he said without thinking, flushing pink once he realized what he had said. 'No homo.'

Drew smiled modestly with an embarrassed laugh, running a hand over his hair. 'That's all right. But ah thanks man, I appreciate it-'

'Do you think I could I get a picture with you?' he asked, his name badge reading Adam. 'I don't think my manager would mind too much-'