4: Dates

Hello gorgeous readers! Thanks so, so much for reading and commenting and voting. How on earth did you guys manage to get me to ChickLit #18 & Non-TF #62?! Seriously guys, that's so amazing and I'm in shock and awe. Thank you again, and I hope you like the song and chapter :) Photo at the side is of gorgeous Drew/Jim Sturgess kissing equally as gorgeous Anne Hathaway, but shove Mila Kunis in her place and you've got Nova and Drew ;D Again, I hope you enjoy! Lots of love, River. xoxo

4: Dates

The only good thing about being pregnant is that you can’t get pregnant if you’re pregnant. …can you?

That was literally what was going through my head as I sat around doing nothing when I was meant to be job hunting. The figures in my latest bank statement were incredibly depressing, so I tried to refrain from thinking about the poverty I was slowly but surely dwindling into.

A couple of days had passed since the whole shebang at Mia and Douchebag’s new house, and it had become a week since the last time I’d talked to or seen Laina, which was honestly a record. We’d never had an argument (when I thought about it, it wasn’t much of an argument, really. More a one sided lecture which had resulted in me leaving.) before, and admittedly, I was lost without her.

Something buzzed in my sofa, yanking me out of my nothingy daydreams. Setting aside my laptop which I hadn’t even been paying much attention to anyway, I ran my hand through one of the gaps at the side, my fingers grazing against my phone which had fallen through.

Seeing I had a message, I eagerly opened it, hoping it would be Laina.

I was a little disappointed when I saw it was Drew, although I was sure girls and women all over the world would have killed just to be looked at by him, let alone texted by His Royal Hotness.

I’m headed to LA tomorrow, but how about that drink?

Sure :) What time/where do you want me to meet you? I texted back after agonising for a split second over whether to add an x or not, my finger running over a little scratch on the screen of my mobile as I waited anxiously for a reply which came seconds later.

Do you want me to pick you up? If not, I’ll meet you at that Starbucks in town in half an hour. I’ll be the lame guy in the hat with the huge moustache as a disguise.

Smiling and taking a quick glance at the mess around me, I debated over whether it would be wise if I asked Drew to pick me up and have him see the state of my flat and realise what a slob I had been lately.

It would be enough to put him right off me, but really, what did he want from me, anyway? It wasn’t like he could have a proper relationship with his busy schedule. Maybe he did just want me for sex, and to be honest, I wouldn’t have minded that too much.

See you there. :D

Taking a breath, I closed the lid of my laptop and stood up, plodding into my bedroom and gingerly opening my wardrobe. What did you wear to these sorts of things? Admittedly, I was a little out of loop with the sort of casual date – any sort of dating at all – scene, and it was at times like this when I needed bloody Laina.

I sighed and took off my shorts and trampy hoodie that I’d been lazing about in since my shower that morning, quickly pulling on a floral dress and casual brown blazer. I tugged a brush through my hair and messily plaited it because of how bushwhacked it became after doing a shower so that leaving it down would’ve looked awful.

Slapping on a last little bit of mascara when I realised I was going to be late if I didn’t leave now, I grabbed my bag and my tan pair of pumps, putting them on as I ran down the road and made my way into town.