17: Papanazi

Photo to the side is of the (unnamed at this point) gorgeous guy at the end of this chapter  ;) Let me know what you think! Love, River.

17: Papanazi

Drew didn't come back that night.

I didn't call him to find out where he was, either, but my logic was that he was an adult. I was his fiancée, not his mum. Or at least, I thought I still was: it was kind of hard to gauge where we stood with each other now after this fight.

I had never fought really with a boyfriend (or a future husband, which I supposed was what Drew was) before, because I just wasn't confrontational like Laina was. I avoided it at all costs, partly because my angry face was a damn ugly one, and I hated how my face went all unsteady and shaky, like I couldn't keep myself together. Even when Connor had broken up with me, I hadn't confronted him about whether his reasoning behind it was the recently confirmed cheating that I had always been suspicious of.

I should have just whacked him when I had the chance, although slapping him had been pretty damn satisfying, I wasn't going to lie.

'Don't think I can do this,' I had mumbled to myself, running a hand through my damp hair. I had taken a bath in an attempt to relax, secretly hoping that Drew would sneak back into the house since I, failing and yet somehow succeeding at subtlety, had changed my phone messenger's status to "candles and a book during bathtime = perfection" so he would hopefully realise that that's where I was and he could try and come back in without running into me. (I know, I'm an absolute genius.)

But alas, my plan had flopped (and I hadn't actually even lit any bloody candles during my bath), leaving me worried, feeling betrayed and like an absolute bitch.

'Fuck it,' I groaned aloud, sticking out my bottom lip when I saw the damn pizza box he had brought with him earlier that afternoon, lying on top of the island in the kitchen. It had gone stone cold, but I still took a slice and tore a bit off with my teeth, admittedly chewing rather savagely in my frustration.

Before I knew it, more than half of it had been demolished as I sat in front of the TV and flicked through what was on, eventually settling on some trashy movie about a stalker girl and her psycho attempts to woo over her (not even hot) teacher, which honestly involved running over his ex wife.

It was absolutely awful, but it managed to entertain me for two hours, stopping the loneliness from settling in. Up until this point, I had never had much of an issue just hanging out on my own.

Once the credits of the crappy film started to roll, I started flicking through again. With a disgusting curiosity, I decided to turn the TV onto E!News. And it was safe to say that that was a huge-ass mistake, because I was utterly shell shocked to find my face and Drew's plastered on the flat screen.

What the fuck?! I screamed internally, feeling my eyes widen to the size of that obese pizza I had just scoffed most of down.

'...that's right people, dreamy Drew Turner is having a baby,' Giuliana said, clamping her hands together in that rather annoying way she always did, her emphasis on certain words as she spoke making me roll my eyes.

'Yes - sorry to break it to you ladies (and some of you gents), the movie star who had previously been rumoured to be in the running for the role of Christian Grey, is having a baby,' said that Jason guy (was his name even Jason?) who I had always thought was kind of hot, in a way too clean cut kind of way.

'According to a spokesperson for the also recently engaged 26 year old actor, the baby momma is his now fiancée, Nova Hart. Rumours of how they met and got together are still circulating, but what is totally certain is that the gorgeous brunette couple are going to have an equally as gorgeous baby.'