20: Pineapple Hart-Turner

A/N: It's 5am and here is an update :P (P.S. Please don't shoot me.)

20: Pineapple Hart-Turner

‘We’re having a girl!’ I shouted to Laina as soon as she opened her door hopefully. Drew and I stepped back into her flat after my appointment, and I threw my arms around her neck and breathing in her familiar peachy smell.

We had basically just flipped our middle fingers at our unspoken ‘don’t-touch-me’ rule since this whole jelly baby shebang had begun, clutching each other’s hands and squealing excitedly as we resisted the urge to jump up and down like two young girls about to see a One Direction concert. (To be fair, even I would admit I fancied most of the guys in the group. I knew Laina had a serious thing for Zayn and his eyebrows too, so honestly, we probably would have done the same thing in that situation, too.)

‘So what will you name the jelly bambina?’ Laina asked after five minutes of our unyielding shrieking, her smile so wide she looked like she was on the verge of dislocating her jaw. ‘I’m thinking that a few great names are… Laina, Laina, and er, oh yeah, Laina. What are your thoughts on those? Absolutely fabulous or what?’

‘Absolutely glorious choices,’ Drew said with a laugh. ‘I’ve thought about names a little too, though,’ he admitted, rubbing his stubbly jaw.

Surprisingly, I for one hadn’t given it all that much thought. I would probably always think of her and call her Jelly, although I would never have been a cruel enough parent as to legally name her child that, amazing and adorable as the name was.

‘Go on, tell us, tell us,’ we urged him as we all collapsed down on Laina’s sofas, Drew and me on one sofa and Laina on the other. Laina briefly disappeared as she rooted through her fridge for some champagne to celebrate, cheekily filling a wine glass with some water for me before returning and joining in with our slob resembling lifestyle.

‘Just pretend it’s vodka!’ she told me, scrunching up her nose as Drew collapsed with laughter at my affronted expression when she passed me the glass she had filled with water.

‘That doesn’t even make any sense, Lai! Who the hell even drinks vodka in a wine glass?!’ I demanded to know.

‘I so would,’ Laina said, waving her free hand about as she used the other one to pass a glass of champagne to Drew, who took it and clinked his glass against hers while shooting me an apologetic smile. ‘Tres classy.’

Drew grinned. ‘I second that!’

‘You guys seriously need to be shipped off to Alcoholics Anonymous,’ I mumbled as I nestled into Laina’s cushions, throwing an arm across the back of the sofa leisurely and prodding Drew with my stripy sock clad foot at his cheekiness.

‘Anyway, back to baby names. In all seriousness, I was thinking maybe Erica?’ Laina offered. ‘Or you guys could do a Gwyneth Paltrow and name your baby after a fruit? I’m thinking Pineapple is good, or Watermelon. She clearly won’t get bullied at all, so those names are obviously the best.’

I scrunched up my nose. ‘Hell to the no. But Erica is quite cute,’ I said thoughtfully, mulling it over before trying it out on my tongue. ‘Erica Turner?’

Drew looked surprised, taking a sharp intake of breath.

‘What?’ I asked immediately, my eyebrows knitting together and defensive.

‘Nothing,’ he responded, before adding after a moment, ‘I’m just a bit surprised that you gave, or are giving her my surname. I hadn’t given it that much thought but I thought you would have given her yours, or double barreled it or something, at least.’