9: Weird Thoughts

Again, HUGE apologies for the crappy updating skills that I have. Sorry for the wait and what I am realizing is seriously crappy writing, guys, but I hope you like this chapter nonetheless.I hope you're all having a lovely end of summer and that school and college and all of that jazz isn't too heinous and hard. MUCH LOVE! xoxo

9: Weird Thoughts

I had never been stabbed. Not literally. ...Unless being prodded in the stomach with a blunt plastic knife when I was four years old by Daniel Moresby counts, and I'm not too sure that it does. He was meant to be playing with his bloody blue playdough, but instead, the weirdo of a boy decided that instead of squishing the squashy stuff into dodgy shapes, he would attempt to stab me in the six pack. Well I liked to think I had a six pack, and that he had clearly been jealous of it that he couldn't resist giving it a jab.

The "attack" had been reported though, and statements had to be given, and I could still vividly remember scrawling my "signature" at the bottom of a page and feeling like such a boss/grown up, even though my signature at the time consisted of Nova being written shakily and the letter N written backwards and then crossed out on the first try.

Looking back on it now, it was one of the funniest things ever, but still pretty damn disturbing that such homicidal tendencies were showcasing themselves so clearly at such n early age.

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that he got locked up a couple of years ago for attempted murder. Not that that's funny.

Anyway, back to my original point: I had never been stabbed. But that's exactly what it felt like when I heard Connor's words - like ice had been thrust into my chest and somebody was twisting that shard.

I think I tried to gasp, but it got stuck in my throat, and I wouldn't and couldn't ever make its way into the air that was suddenly very difficult to breathe in.

'Oh really?' I heard myself say. 'And what's your source for this piece of supposed news?'

There was a pause. And then, 'Daily Mail.'

Oh effing hell.

I wanted to laugh. Desperately. But somehow - only God knew how - I managed to hold it in, my voice shaking only the tiniest bit as I inquired, 'Oh yeah? And what did this oh so reliable source of information say, specifically?'

Another pause. For once, I was quite grateful for these douchebaggy pauses, because Drew walked in during this one, an inquisitive expression flicking across his face.

I held the phone away from me and mouthed in reply to his stare, He knows. He knows about Jelly. I made circular gestures around my navel.

His green eyes widened. How? Drew mouthed back.

I shrugged, feeling my mouth twist anxiously, and let my attention fleet back to my phone, slyly putting the arseholes on the other end on speaker, but holding it close to my mouth so they wouldn't know that by the sudden change in volume.

'I saw the article about you two going out, and then there was another one recently about you being seen in some shop angsting over baby clothes. A few people even confirmed that you went off with him the night of the wedding, so it's all kind obvious what's happening, because then there's everything else. I asked Mia about it, and it all just makes sense. You're having his kid.'

My eyes locked with Drew's as Connor spouted his crap, biting my lip as I searched his face for an answer to the question that I couldn't stop from running continuously through my head.

Was it time to admit it?

Almost as if he could read my mind, Drew gave me the tiniest nod.

'Maybe it's time just to tell them,' he murmured quietly, mouth close to my ear so that the phone wouldn't pick up his voice. 'They can't - they won't sell us out.'