3

*lilys pov*

It's the day of my nineteenth birthday, here I am lying upside down on my bed, headphones in my ears, shoving popcorn in my mouth.

It's been three hours since my mum left the house at about eleven, she said she was 'just running some errands. This is the first birthday I've had alone, Maddies at her friends house and George is at this pool party..

"Tell me that'cha want me baby,

Tell me that its true,

Say the magic words and i'll destroy the world for you"

McFlys newest album shuffled on, though all the songs felt already familiar, and after the first listen I already new all the words. Listening to the songs only made me more depressed, I knew that Mcfly had their first gig of their Up Close And Personal tour- and it happened to be in my town! But my mum, being the over protective woman she is, wouldn't let me go.

"You're too young!"

"Do you not know what kind of people go to concerts?!"

"What if you got hurt, what if you got trampled to death!" Were some of my mums arguments.. I really don't think she knows who McFly are..

I heard the front door gently open and close, then feet shuffled up the stairs towards the room next to mine - it must have been George.

I make my way out my room, to talk to him an see if he even remembered it was my birthday..

"What do you want sis" He mumbles as I stand in the doorway to his room,

"Nice to see you too.." I grumble, great I thought even my own brother forgets my birthday..

"Make it quick, Hannah's waiting in my car" He groans still rummaging through his draws,

"Just forget it.." I sigh, turning on my heels and towards my room,

"Lil, do you know where my trunks are?!"

"Have you tried under your jeans?!" I shout sarcastically, he did the same thing this morning before he left,

"Okay, see you later! Be ready when I come and pick you up!" George yells before the front door slams. A few seconds after the sounds rattled through the house, my brain processed what he'd said. when I come and pick you up? pick me up for what?!

I trudge down to the kitchen to see whether there were any hints to what George was talking about. But nope. I grabbed a packet of Double stuff Oreos and made my way into the living room, the leather sofa calling me to sit on it.

My fingers clicked away at the remote, switching between channels at lightning speed, that was until one of the many re-runs of Friends came on!

Two hours later, twenty three minutes past four to be exact, and the door once again creaks open. The sounds of rustling bags and quiet footsteps headed towards the kitchen.

"Afternoon mum" I smile, maybe she was out getting my present? That's what took her so long!

"Afternoon lil, how's your day been?" She asks as she starts shoving food and other items into the cupboards. No happy birthday or anything!

"Yeah it was alright, got a few letters this morning!"

"Oh that's great, what were they for?" are you serious woman!

"Nothing important.." I mutter, I help my mum put away a few final things.

"Hey, why don't you got take a nice long shower? we're going out to dinner tonight" She smiles. She didn't forget!