Chapter 9

OLIVIA'S POV

We throw our heads back in laughter and for a split second I appreciate the sun beaming down onto my face.  It's the most beautiful day, not a breath of wind and the kind of warmth that makes you instantly relax.

I take a sip of my coffee and Emma adds sugar to hers as we sit on colourful, outdoor chairs of a small cafe in London.  For such a beautiful day it's so strange how quiet the streets are.

"You have to open up to him, Liv." Emma continues to lecture me about Harry.

"It's not that I don't want to, Em.  It just gets muddled in my brain or something." I confess.

"I know honey, but he needs you to try and you will need to talk to someone now that I'm gone."  She admits sincerely.

"Gone?" I ask confused, looking at my best friend sitting right in front of me. "Where are you going?"

She smiles a strange smile and all of a sudden there's a crack of thunder.  I look up to see the dark clouds rolling in at a bizarre pace, the wind makes the autumn leaves swirl around us and I see a blacked out car pull up in front of the cafe.

Harry steps out looking stunningly handsome as always, dressed in all black.  Seeing him makes my stomach flutter but the concerned look on his face is making me uneasy.

"Liv! Get in the car!" He shouts over the howling wind as a burst of lightening flickers across the blackened sky.

I look back to the table and Emma is no longer there.  I look frantically to my left and right, standing up in panic and starting to search around the small area we had been sitting.

"EMMA!"  I scream. "EMMA!"

Harry is running a hand through his hair. 

"Liv, come on! The storms about to hit, you need to stay with me!" He shouts.

I ignore him, not wanting to leave without my friend, her words about being gone are starting to scare me and I don't want to get in the car without her.

"EMMA!" I try again and again, starting to turn in circles, my hand flying up to my forehead in frustration.

"We have to go!"  Harry yells again, walking towards me as I continue to desperately call out for my friend at the top of my lungs.

"Olivia! Can you hear me?" He tries again and I watch in disbelief as everything around me starts to fade.

"Liv! Liv!" I hear him call in the distance but I can no longer see him.

I open my eyes to the dark room, Harry's hovering above me, his hands on my shoulders.

"Liv!" He shouts again in the same tone, however he is not wearing all black, he is in our bed, his lamp is on and he is as panicked as I was a moment ago at the cafe.

I sit up abruptly and gasp for air, my face dripping in tears and my body damp with sweat.

"Fuck. Darling, it's ok.  You were dreaming."  He rushes, trying to push back the hair that is stuck to my wet face at the same time trying to hold me to his chest.

I push away trying to catch my breath and wipe my tears with the back of my hand.  I'm so disorientated, not only by how real that felt but from being able to see Emma again, even if it was in my subconscious.

My hand is doing nothing, the amount of tears still falling from my eyes is no match for it and I drop it into my lap in defeat.

"Here, baby."  Harry announces, tugging the hem of his grey t-shirt over his head and patting my cheeks dry with the soft material.