Chapter 5: The worlds collide

Brooke’s P.O.V.

Day Friday; time 18 hundred hours. It’s been officially three weeks that I’ve been in New York City. I’ve talked to some of my fellow jail mates, but none of them have the expertise that qualifies to be my cohort. However, I did have an odd acquaintance with a girl who is suitable to be my partner. Her name is Jasmine, and I’m going to tell you how I met her. One day I was roaming around the city in dark alleys looking for the alley where I had scheduled to meet somebody, but I never got to my meeting because a bunch of Russians that I had once crossed just happened to be there. Well I lured them to one of the dark alleys in the back of a store and then I hid behind a dumpster until they came close. I could see one of the men coming around the corner, and right when he came within two feet I attacked. I grabbed the hand with the gun and twisted it until he dropped the gun out of pain. After grabbing the gun, I kicked him in his side, however, he caught my leg so I jumped and twisted in the air setting my leg free, and then I punched him in the gut. Then the four other men came so I grabbed the guy that I had just punched, and put him in front of me as a shield when I saw one of the men aiming at me. The bang echoed down the alley as the guy shot one of his own. I dropped the man and took the gun and started shooting while at the same time fighting off one man at a time. When they were all lying on the moist ground I was about to flee when I saw something in the corner of my eye. A girl about 18 years old with blonde hair and blue eyes was staring at me with shock, I didn’t know who she was but I was going to find out, I thought to myself. I was about to ran down the moonlit alley knowing that the girl could wait till later, because there are more important matters at hand. But I stopped when I heard the girl say, “I have never seen anyone as fast or fluent in a fight before. Who are you? And who taught you how to fight like that?” I was a bit shocked because I didn’t expect her to say anything. Then I did what I do best; I tried to hit her. I did an air-spin-kick, which in any other case would have caused severe injury. But she caught my leg before it hit her across the face.  She made me suspicious. She probably is an agent sent by C.O.B.R.A. to kill me, or to get information out of me. These thoughts were going through my head when I realized that there were more of those Russian guys had back-up and it was arriving just now. I did the only thing that was left for me to do. I took the girl and got inside a dark room that could help us hide from the men out there. After that eventful day the girl, I had found out that her name is Jasmine and that she has super powers, which are kind of strange to me. Jasmine agreed to help me bring down C.O.B.R.A, so ever since then we’ve been working together.                                                                                                                   I currently have a small place of my own here and even though it’s small, it’s in a dark area behind buildings so no one can see it. It’s an apartment that looks rundown and it has a fire escape which I’ll probably need to use one day. When you walk in, you can see the moonlight shine through a big window, and reflect on the dark wooden floor. There is a brick wall on one side of the apartment, and the other three walls are cements which have cracks in it. It’s an empty space since I don’t have much, but there is a metal desk right in the middle of the room which has all the projects I’m currently working on. Wires, duct-tape, cell phones, C4, metal scraps, and a lot of other things are piled on top of the desk. Besides my rusty desk I also have a bed, a mini refrigerator, and a stove. Hopefully this time no one will be able to find me, so I am going to have to work hard and make sure I can block any signals that are trying to track me. “With Jasmine’s powers and my fighting skills…” I say to myself, and then yell at the top of my lungs, “C.O.B.R.A here we come!”

A/N: hope ya'll like it please comment, vote,and fan thnk u and the person who wrote this part is the one this chapter is dedicated to so please fan her also. thnks