Chapter 3: Her reaction

Jasmine’s P.O.V.

The moment I finished asking her those questions she did this really hard looking air-spin-kick and tried to hit me across the face. Well, I being me and having the powers I have stopped her foot before it had made contact with my face. You could clearly see shock across her face but she quickly regained her composure and put on the poker face she had earlier. She was about to say something when I saw her eyes grow wide and within seconds she had pushed me in dark room. She quickly yet quietly closed and then locked the door; and she had her hand over my mouth during the whole time. “Don’t say anything or make any movement if you want to live. I will let go of my hand now so stay quiet.” With that said she released me. I was about to whisper something back to her when I hear foot-steps then I saw, from under the door, a couple of shadows. I quickly caught on and stayed as quiet as possible. When I noticed that she wasn’t beside me anymore I understood that she was looking for a way out; hence I did the same. After almost scanning the whole room, which was a pretty hard thing to do since the only source of light was the moon-light that was shining in through the tiny little window, I found what look like to be a secret door. At a first glance you would presume that it was just wall but since my parents had a similar thing to camouflage our safe-room I knew exactly what it was. It looks like an ordinary wall but if you know where to look you can see it’s a bit different and since we had one too I knew exactly what it was. So I went slowly up to it and started to tap each brick separately until I found the hollow one. When I did, I pushed it in and the secret door opened-up and reviled a stair case. Then I made my way up to this mysterious girl and tapped her on the shoulder. She turns around quickly and gives me the ‘What-Do-You-Want’ look and I just sighed and point at the hidden pass way. At the beginning she looked surprised but shrugged it off and walks down the stair case. I followed close behind her and we discovered that this “passage” was in fact a way to the city’s sewer system. YUCK! By the looks of it she either new the sewer way like the back of her hand or she had a really good navigational instincts. Because when we got out of the sewers we were out-side the city, and let me tell you something it didn’t even take us even 5 minutes to get here. She suddenly looked at me, her face blank with no trace of any emotion, and she said to me in the most serious and demanding voice I have ever heard, “Who are you, what do you want, and who sent you?” I was shocked at first because that was the first time, after the time she dragged me in that dark room that she had spoken to me. But I quickly recovered my cool and told her, “Am Jasmine. No one sent me. And well, I want to know who you are and who taught you how to fight like that.” She continued to analyze me, probably to see if I was lying. I wonder why she is so… defensive. And really, come-on why did she ask me who sent me, what is she some kind of criminal in hiding or better yet some kind of rough agent? After a few more moment of her scrutinizing me she simply turned around and started walking away. Wow what is up with this girl? First she drags me into a dark room, then she leads me through the sewers out of the city, then she scrutinizes me like I am some kind of double agent trying to hurt her or something, and now this? She just wants to walk away?! Well no! She has some explaining to do. So I run up to her and instead of simply grabbing her from her wrist, since last time I did that I almost got my head kicked out of place, I go in front of her and stop dead on my tract. She looked at me and I said to her, “Why are you acting weirdly?” And she said, “If I told you I would have to kill you.” She tried walking away again but I stopped her saying, “You know if you told me I might be able to help you.” She just sighed, a long exasperated sigh, and said, “I wish I could tell you. You seem nice and all and I really need a friend; but the thing is even if I told you, you wouldn’t be able to help. You would just get yourself in so much more risk and danger. It could cost you your life or even the lives of your loved ones so Jasmine just drop it and go you are better off not knowing.” I once again walked up to her but this time I gave her a hug and I said, “Look I will make you a deal you tell me what is bothering you and I will help you out in anyway. Don’t worry about me or anyone else. Oh and I know someone who will definitely help you.” She looked so surprised then she nodded and said, “I don’t even know why I am trusting you so much. I hope we can be friends after what I tell you.” And with that she tells me her whole life story. When she was done I looked at her with both anger and understanding. Anger because of what C.O.B.R.A. had done to her; and understanding because I comprehended what she was going through and how hard life has been on her. Then I said to her, “Brooke now it’s my turn to tell you about me.” With that I unfolded the story of my life to her as well. She looked at me shocked and then she said with a sudden smirk on her face, “Are you thinking what I am thinking?” And I understood what she meant. So I had a smirk plastered on my face too when I replied, “Yeah girl! We are going to talk them down together! With your combat training and all together with my powers we are going to be unstoppable!” We both shared another ‘Oh-Yeah!’ look before we both said,” C.O.B.R.A. YOU ARE GOING DOWN!”  

A/N: sorry i took long to upload xD to make it up to you i will upload the part my friend wrote too ;P lol anyways please comment,vote, and if you like it become a fan thnks :) oh and the pic is Shawn Torres