Chapter 63

Chapter 63

~Niall’s Point of View~

I had no idea where she went. After all, I was her ride but after she stormed out of the Cathedral, she never came back home.

The whiskey that sat idly on top of the counter stared back at me, almost as if it were mocking me.

So, she knew.

 ((A/N: I’m talking about chapter 54 I think it was when Niall had to leave the club for a ‘mystery reason’ and never told Valerie why!))

The day at the club was when I got a frantic call from Mrs. Ross, I had immediately rushed to the hospital where she had wanted to meet up.

It was the day that I was informed that Lacey was on her death bed. The cancer had become her, destroying everything as it went.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Ross had thought that I would be the best person to break the news to Valerie as we all knew how she acts on instinct.

However, I was a coward.

So, I lied. I lied continuously until the point I’m sure even Pinocchio would be startled. With lame excuses such as “Rehearsals” I managed to avoid Valerie when the guilt was taking over me, and pulling me under.

Every time she had been with me I knew that after all she was right, I was going to break her trust.

Whereas the puzzle pieces may have been adding up in her mind, the puzzle pieces in my own mind were letters that couldn’t be put together to form actual words.

~Valerie’s Point of View~

It was like my chest had crushed upon itself.

The first hour was spent having an emotional breakdown, the next talking to Lacey.

I sat on a random bench that was located on a random street in the heart of London, as people walked around me their day ahead of them.

The mere idea of Niall, Mr. and Mrs. Ross holding this back such vital information makes me want to shut my mind off.

I could’ve at least had a proper goodbye, a proper ending to her story, but it was like her story was deprived of an ending all together.

I rested my head against the bench, the sound of my heart thumping against my ribcage the only thing I let myself focus on.

My entire body felt exhausted, each of my muscles aching. The emptiness consumed me once again as my eyes fluttered closed.

Seconds turned to minutes, my mind trying to wrap around what happened in the last couple of days.

Who is giving me the right to lay my head on this bench and get sad over the fact my boyfriend hid information from me for my own good? Telling me wouldn’t save Lacey’s life because cancer doesn’t stop. But we can’t blame cancer for all cancer wants is to live as well. Everyone wants to live, to exist. And I’m doing none of those two things while resting my head on this gum covered bench.

My ‘Live’ tattoo passed my mind as a sigh escaped my lips. I wanted another one because my biggest fear was waking up one morning and forgetting all about the little girl who became my best friend.

The thought of the world still being able to go on without a girl who was my world is so hard for me to wrap my mind around.

*

I stumbled into my house when the night was trying to exist, however we refused to let it do so. We lit our street lamps, interrupting the night. We always do this, always going for our convenience. Niall didn’t tell me about Lacey for his convenience, I didn’t want to believe she was anything alight for my own. The second the door had closed, the scratching of nails across our hardwood floor scurried through the house before a flash of white ran across my feet.