Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Waking up in the arms of someone you care about so much is unexplainable. When I woke, Niall had already been awake, and he was just zoning off, looking up at the ceiling.

“Morning.” I chirped, a sleepy smile on my face. It was then he noticed that I was awake, and he returned my smile with one of his own.

“Morning Val.” He said as he rolled over to his side so he could look me in the eyes.

“So what are our plans for the day?” I asked, never breaking eye contact. I hadn’t even noticed how limbs were perfectly entwined, how his hand has twirling with the edge of my sweater. How my legs were mashed with his, twisting together like a double helix.

Don’t ask I just really like biology…

“Well, I think you should check your missed calls because your phone rang at least twenty times last night, I just turned it off.” He told me, his voice in a whisper.

“What is Taylor not home?” I asked as I stretched. Last night had been perfect; I had slept like I was on cloud nine. Mu muscles weren’t even sore, which was a huge plus since I always woke with a bad back or sore muscles. However right now, I felt as light as a feather. My mind was still foggy from sleep; it was as if I was high off of some drug.

“No she’s not. I have no idea, she never came home last night. She might be at Josh’s!”

I reached over and grabbed my phone from the bed side table, quickly turning it on. The apple sign appeared as I waited for it to turn on.

It took a couple of seconds, but when my phone turned on; I saw that I had 38 missed calls and 27 text messages.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, are you kidding me?

“Looks like everyone was worried about you.” Niall laughed as he looked at all the missed calls I had.

I let out a small grunt as I looked down at the missed calls.

“Should I call them back?” I laughed.

Niall looked over at me, his lips going down in a bit of a pout.

“But then they are going to ask where you are. Don’t you just want to stay in bed a bit longer?” He asked, his eyebrows rising in question.

“We can’t just stay in bed all day.” I laughed.

“Why not?” He asked as he got closer, nuzzling his face into the pillow next to mine.

“Because that’s not very productive.” I reminded him.

“So?”

I gave his head a little thwack as I tried to sit up in bed.

“Stay a little while longer.” Niall begged as he gently tugged at my waist.

I hesitantly agreed as I lay back next to him.

Again, the warmth of his touch engulfed me as I didn’t want to leave him.

“Did you know that Eleanor, Taylor, Lacey, and Danielle are betting money on when we are going to get together?” I asked a smile spread across my face.

Niall’s chest vibrated with his laughter.

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah.” I stated, a small laugh escaping my lips as well.

“So, are you going to tell them?” He asked.

It was the same question that I had fell asleep think about.