Chapter 20

Chapter 20

~VALERIE’S POINT OF VIEW~

The gang had let us out of the locked room, and I tried to be cross with them, but to be honest, it was a funny prank. I wasn’t the type to be very mad at something, so I let it go. However, I do stand my ground, but this was just a little prank for shits and giggles, so no harm done.

Taylor had given me the message that my dad wanted to go out to dinner with me and ‘explain himself’. He lived in Nevada but came out to California to meet me. I immediately refused, but Niall talked it through with me, and he was making me go. I didn’t want to at all, that idiot does not deserve my time, and I don’t want to waste my vacation with him. He has caused me so much pain; I was bullied at school because of him. People constantly told me that no one loved me and that’s the reason why my own father walked out on me. I grew up, in my teenage years, without a father figure in my life, and if I could survive without him for so long, I definitely do not need him now. Niall told me that he would come along with me, for moral support. I guess I did want him there because I was not going to be able to do this on my own. I have a short temper, especially if you have done something to me, and I would probably just walk out on my dad, so I needed Niall there with me.

As of right now, I was getting ready, my mum texted me the directions to the restaurant my dad wanted to meet me at.

I went with a blush pink strapless, fitting dress, which came just around mid thigh. On top I wore a black blazer, because of the cold weather. I curled my hair loosely, and applied light makeup which consisted of eyeliner, mascara, and light pink lip gloss. I decided against blush since my cheeks were already rosy and tinted. Also, I had time to re-do my nails, since I was really OCD about having my nails done all the time. I went with a light pink polish that complimented the color of the dress.

I was pretty much ready, and waiting for Niall to get ready. It was around six in the evening and the whole day consisted of going to the mall with Taylor to buy this dress. I wanted to show my dad how independent I have become on my own, and that I have grown up perfectly fine without. But most of all, I wanted to show him how much I have changed and what he has missed out on, watching me grow up.

“Valerie?” Taylor asks walking into the room. I give my reflection one last look before turning around to face her.

“Yes hoe?” I ask her with a smile. You are not true friends with someone unless you can call them something rude and they won’t mind. I loved mine and Taylor’s relationship it was much like mines and Niall’s where it didn’t really matter what you called the other person, since they won’t take it to heart.

She gives me a smirk “And I thought you were sad about all this”.

“Aw hell no, I’m not giving Steve the benefit of knowing that he matters to me” I tell her. It was true I was sad at first that my dad was getting re-married, however, now it was just pain. Pain that he caused me so much hurt in my life, and he thinks that he can just come here and ruin it again. Right when I was getting adjusted to not having a father figure, he brings his sorry ass back into my life.

“Oh badass I see, calling your father by his first name” Taylor tells me.

I scoff “You know me all badass and shit”.

“Oh yeah Valerie that’s why when you ran over that squirrel you started crying and arranged a funeral for it” Taylor tells me her eyes glittering with amusement.

I sighed, it was true. One day, it was very dark and me, Taylor, and Josh were driving around the woods. Don’t ask, we were bored and though driving around in the woods at 2 AM would have been a good idea. Turns out, it wasn’t. I had ran over a squirrel, which really tugged at my heart for some reason, and I started to cry. It had a family, and I killed it’s dreams and hopes. However, I wasn’t even sure if squirrels dreamt and had hopes for the future, but it didn’t matter because I killed one. I had made Josh take his short off and wrap the dead squirrel in it, than later, I arranged a huge funeral for it. I even wrote a little speech for it and everything.