Chapter one: The Big Day

A/n:
Y/n is your name
B/n is best friends name
D/n is ducks name
«» are thoughts
This is my first fan fic and I took the courage to finally do it so I hope you enjoy! 💓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
You wake up and jump out of bed.
"Today's the big day!", you whisper.
You go get ready for the day and fetch your sword. Today is the day Valkyrie will recruit a new generation of Valkyries. It's been your dream to be a Valkyrie. You look out your window and see the sunny Phoenicia sky. After watching Asgard go up in flames, Thor decided to have their new home in Midgard. Specifically Phoenicia, New York. You actually liked Phoenicia. There wasn't many mortals living there, actually no mortals live there at all. You turned away from the window and walk towards the door. As you were walking a picture caught your attention. You pick the picture up and stare into it. It was a picture of your parents. Father used to work with Heimdal, but in order to save the people of Asgard, he sacrificed himself. He was the only blood relative left to you. Mother died a long time ago when the original group of Valkyries fought against Hela. It was just her and Valkyrie and at the end, it was just Valkyrie. You felt tears swell up in your eyes and you get sucked back to the present. You sigh.
"This is for you guys."
With your hands trembling, you kiss the picture and put it down.
Time jump
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're at the arena. You're nervous and you find your best friend (insert name here)
"Hey b/n! You're trying out?"
"Hey y/n! Yeah and I'm nervous."
"So am I. I have to get in, for my parents, for me."
"I'm sure you will y/n. I've seen you fight and let's just say Valkyrie won't stand a chance."
"B/n! Shh, it makes me sound cocky."
"You know what I mean."
Music starts playing and you and the other girls get into line as Valkyrie, Loki, and Thor walk out to meet you. You all bow, but you kept your eyes on a specific god. You've always had eyes for him but never showed it. You wanted to prevent yourself from getting hurt. You then notice that Loki was staring back at you and you blush while abruptly looking down.
"Good morning girls!", Valkyrie yelled.
"Good morning Valkyrie!", you all yell back.
You peek a look at Loki and he's smirking at your direction.
«Oh my Asgard! He's looking at me! Loki is LOOKING AT ME!!», you think.
Your mind was going 100 miles per hour but you seemed calm on the outside.
"Today, you will fight against Valkyrie to earn a spot on the team. There will only be one round and last 30 standing will be taken into consideration.", Thor explained.
"There are only 17 spots so Thor, Valkyrie, and I will get together afterward to discuss your fate, so don't blow it.", Loki continued.
You got even more nervous hearing Loki say that.
"Loki, you're not supposed to scare them."
"Brother, I'm just stating the truth!"
"Anyways, let the fight begin!", Valkyrie cheered.
You all got into position and as you were grabbing your sword you heard a familiar voice.
"Good luck", it said.
You looked around you and nobody was there. You then gazed upon where the brothers were watching from and saw the mischievous god staring deeply into your eyes. He gave you a wink and tiny smile and looked away. You stood there motionless for a while and noticed that the fight had already begun. There were already 31 girls left. You charged into that fight. You see a girl who all of a sudden reminded you of Hela. You get sucked back to the pain of having dead parents and charge at her. All you can see was Hela. You knocked her out of the fight but you kept going. You get extremely agitated and you accidentally release your ice power. Ice travels to your sword and as you return to the present, you accidentally strike at Valkyrie. You see the ice blowing her back and everyone stares at you. You gasp.
"STOP!", Thor bellows as he rushed towards Valkyrie's side.
"Valkyrie, are you okay?"
"Yes, Thor, I'm fine, geez."
"Everyone take a break.", Loki yelled from atop.
You rush to your private hiding spot. It was a small garden. All the plants were dead, but it was chilly and it's your favorite climate. You sit down on your favorite rock and start sobbing. You stare into the garden and see your favorite strange creature on Midgard. A duck. You named it (insert name).
"Hey d/n", you sniffle.
"Quack."
"I failed today. I won't get in. I messed up big time."
"Quack."
"I hurt Valkyrie. I tried to hold back my powers but when I get emotional it just flows."
"Quack."
"Thanks for listening d/n. That's why I love you."
"Quack."
"Ahem."
You turn around and see b/n.
"B/n, how did you find me?"
"I saw you head out here. Nice duck."
"You saw that didn't you?"
"Yup. And heard everything. You didn't mess up."
"Yes, yes I did b/n!"
"No y/n. You did amazing out there!"
"How can say that?"
"Your powers. They're amazing. I didn't know you were 'icy'.", she giggled.
"I'm not 'icy' and I've told you before remember? I even made an ice rink for you.", you whisper.
"Oh, apparently not.", b/n says cautiously.
"You're acting weird b/n."
"No I'm not!", b/n rushes.
"Yeah, you are. You don't have to pretend that I'll get in. I won't. You will though, you did great."
"No I didn't. I was the first one out. Didn't you see?"
"No, I guess I blacked out."
"Anyways, trust me y/n, you'll get in. I'll be sure of it."
"What?"
"Nothing y/n. You're amazing! Thor and Valkyrie will choose you. They'll be dumb not to."
"And Loki?"
"What about him?", she eyes you.
"Would he want me?"
"Yes. I'm sure of it. I have to go. See you later?"
"See you later."
You stayed there for an hour and go back to the arena. You find b/n and walk up to her.
"Y/n where have you been? They already named 16 spots!"
"What? Did they call me?"
"No, not yet. Maybe this one will be yours."
"Yeah right. Thanks for the talk today it was nice."
"Y/n, what talk?"
"The one at the garden? B/n you don't remember?"
"No and you're making me crazy. I gotta go. I was just waiting to see if they named you before you arrived."
You see b/n walk away.
«She wasn't there? Nobody looks like her? She did act awfully weird and seemed like she did know what the results were.» you think.
You gasp as a light went off your head.
«The only person capable of that is.... Loki» you think as you connect the pieces.
You see Valkyrie getting ready to announce the last spot.
"After heavy consideration, we made a conclusion. And I've saved the best for last. The last spot for The Valkyries and second in command goes to.......", she says.
"Shall we say it together?"
"We shall, my lady", Thor says.
"Y/n!", they yell.
You stay there frozen in shock.
"What?", you spit out.
Thor and Valkyrie walk up to you and congratulate you. As you leave to go to the funeral home to tell you parents the news, Loki stops you in your tracks.
"Lady y/n", he says.
«God his voice sounds sexy.»you think.
You bow down, "Loki."
"Nice talk today. I told you you'd make it. I'd really love to stay and talk but I'm in a rush. I'll stop by after practice tomorrow.", he says and walks towards his brother. He looks back at you and gives you a big smile leaving you with you're feelings and thoughts a mess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n:This is actually a picture of Phoenicia for those of you who don't know

A/n:
This is actually a picture of Phoenicia for those of you who don't know. Thank you so much for reading and just to let you guys know I write on Sunday's and I'll be posting during the week. Luckily for those of you who want more, I got the second chapter ready! Enjoy!