bucky | civil war

|song: Warned You- Good Morning|

*not the exact plot of civil war but it is super similar

You and Bucky were out around Bucharest for the day since you he had been cooped up all week in your small apartment. He held you close to his side as you went around the different stands in the market you shopped at every weekend.

A little gasp escaped Bucky's mouth as he spotted a fruit stand with plums. He jerked your arm as he made a beeline for the vendor. You watched as he sorted through the variety of plums in the basket until he found a few that he liked. The vendor made small talk with you until Bucky spoke, "Cât de mult pentru cinci prune?"(How much for five plums?). As Bucky bought his plums you look around and eventually pulled Bucky away from the stand after he got his fruit.

While you two were waiting to cross the street you could see a man staring at Bucky from his newspaper stand. Knowing that he could recognize the ex-assassin you started to pull Bucky in the opposite direction when you felt his body tense and he became immobile.

"Buck, no." You warned as you tried to grab him by the arm but your grip faltered as he took a strong step towards the booth and left you on the side walk. Panic flooded through your body as you crossed the street and dodged past the cars driving around. You eventually caught up to Bucky only to see him staring at a newspaper with fear in his eyes.

"WINTER SOLDIER CĂUTAT PENTRU BOMBARDMENTUL DIN VIENA" (Winter Soldier wanted for bombing in Vienna)

He slowly put down the newspaper and turned to you with a single tear rolling down his cheek, disappearing into his growing beard. "Y/N..."

You shook your head and pulled him into you held back your own tears from falling. "I know it wasn't you Bucky. I've been with you everyday for the past year, there's no way you would have done this."

Bucky nodded his head into your shoulder where you held him until you lifted his head up and kissed his frowning mouth. He rested your foreheads together as he tried to gather his thoughts and emotions before you pulled away and led him back to the apartment, doing your best to avoid the large masses in the market square.

When you got to the shared apartment you could tell that Bucky was extremely on edge. As you walked silently up the stairs to the room, he stopped right before opening the door and turned around to look at you. "Someone's here."

You looked up at him with confusion clouding your brain as he whispered to you to stay in the hallway until he came out to get you when it was safe.

BUCKY POV

I walked into my small and poorly kept apartment to see the man that had gone from my best friend and brother, to my mission and enemy, and finally to a complete stranger. Steve Rogers, Captain America, the little punk from Brooklyn that couldn't stay away from a fight, stood there staring at my journal until he flipped to the page that held his picture and all the things that I could remember about him and our moments together.

"Understood." He spoke to what I assumed was a comm, before turning around to see me standing there looking at him. Steve looked me up and down, his eyes softening before asking, "Do you know me?"

Of course I knew him. I could never forget him even after he was transformed into America's Golden Boy. "You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." I replied while trying to avoid his steady stare.

A quiet voice could be head from the comm that was in his ear. He set down the journal and began to talk again while moving forward. "I know you're nervous, and you have plenty of reason to be." I swallowed hard and clenched my jaw and he called me out on my nerves. "But you're lying."

"I wasn't in Vienna, I don't do that anymore." I told him quickly before his comm sounded again and he started to speak faster. "Well the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive."

I laughed, "That's smart, good strategy." As I finished I could hear footsteps on the roof above us and we both began to get shifty and the adrenaline was starting to kick in. "This doesn't have to end in a fight Buck."

The footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs now, "It always ends in a fight."

"You pulled me from the river, why?" Steve asked. I pulled off my glove to reveal the haunting weapon that never left my side. "I don't know."

"Yes you do." He said, immediately after a grenade was thrown through the window and I kicked it towards Steve. As he covered it with his shield I slammed through the door just in time to grab Y/N seconds before soldiers pulled a gun on her.

REGULAR POV

Bucky pulled you through the door and set you down next to the small bed that you two shared. You watched with wide eyes as he and the Steve Rogers fight side by side as they tried to fight off the soldiers that were flooding into the apartment. Thankfully you weren't completely helpless since Bucky had made you take gun handling lessons and self defense classes after he realized he could put you in danger.

So you ran to the closet and pulled out one of the shotguns you kept hidden in there in case of emergencies and loaded it. Crashing windows could be heard from the kitchen so you ran over to see two soldiers aiming guns at Bucky and Steve before they were taken out. The side door opened and as Bucky pushed the man outside Steve grabbed his arm, "Buck, stop!" Bucky swung under his arm to have Steve as he finished, "You're gonna kill someone."

Bucky slammed Steve to the ground and reared back to send a punch, Steve moved to the side as Bucky's arm went through the floorboard. "I'm not gonna kill anyone."

He ripped out his backpack and tossed it off of the building and then sent a second punch into the floor to take out the one you had hidden as well. He tossed it towards you as he strapped his onto his back.

Right when you caught it and put it on more solider bust through the windows and began to fire carelessly around the apartment. Bucky grabbed you and held you behind Steve's shield before throwing Steve into a guy and then taking one out himself.

And soon enough you three were running down the stairs in an attempt to get away. Bucky "not killing" people and Steve trailing behind with worry in his eyes. At one point Bucky picked you up and held you into his side with his human arm as he jumped off of the stairs. Your scream filled the loft as well as a loud grunt from Bucky when he grabbed onto another railing to take you two out of the building.

You held onto him tighter when he began to run towards the balcony that lead to where his backpack was sitting on another rooftop. And then, like an absolute crazy person, Bucky jumped off of the roof with you in his arms. The two of you took a hard landing to the rooftop on the other side but soon got up and grabbed his backpack before Bucky abruptly stopped and grabbed you by the shoulders.

"I'll see you soon okay?"

Confusion filled your head seconds prior until you were literally swept off your feet by some guy in a bird suit as you saw a man run out from behind an electrical box and jump onto Bucky. From there you could see their figures getting smaller and smaller as their fight continued and you prayed for Bucky to come back to you safely.

------

THERE WILL BE A PART TWO SOON DON'T WORRY

i wanted to get this out a soon as possible to thank y'all for 3.3k reads on this book!

don't forget to comment, vote or share!

(I TAKE REQUESTS TOO SO YEAH)