bucky | fighter

|song: Why Don't You Listen- James Cherry|

wow i just finished writing this and it! is! so! long!

------

As the newest member of the Avengers team and also the youngest you were often picked on by the rest of the team. Thankfully, they knew what an amazing agent you were and teased you with love, except for Bucky.

Ever since you met Bucky he had been nothing but mean to you. He never acknowledged your presence and refused to speak a word to you. Sometimes if you were the only one in the room he would immediately turn around to go somewhere else. To say the least, he despised you. 

And with your luck, you and Bucky were assigned together on a mission. When Fury called you in and explained the timeline, you internally groaned. You would have to be alone with Bucky for a day and a half, not very long, but still agonizing.

------

Monday rolled around and you gathered your stuff to go on your mission. Bucky knocked on your door, when you opened it and he saw that you weren't ready he groaned.

"Can you hurry up already?" He growled at you and stalked into your room sitting in the chair at your desk.

"Yeah sure, come right on in." You muttered to yourself while rolling your eyes.

You grabbed two extra shirts and a pair of shorts and put them in your bag when Bucky spoke up again.

"Jesus, that is one ugly outfit." He stated as he looked at a picture of you and your sister when you were younger.

You ignored him and zipped up your duffel bag and put on your military jacket before leaving your room. Bucky jumped after you and pushed in front of you and walked towards the jet.

------

After leaving headquarters it was just you and Bucky. And of course Bucky would not shut his mouth the entire time you flew. Most of it was small comments about you, nothing you didn't mind. Only he became increasingly annoying when he realized that you weren't paying attention to him at all.

Bucky huffed and trudged over to the seat next to you and put his feet up on the control panel.

"Take your feet down you're going to press something." You said to him with no emotion. He frowned and flopped his feet onto the metal floor.

"What do you even do?" He asked you, his tone void of actual curiosity.

"Maybe if you actually tried to have a normal conversation with me you would've known a long time ago." You told him, your eyes focused on flying.

"Well, maybe if you tried to talk to me first and actually put a smile on your face I would've accepted your efforts a long time ago." He fired back at you, repeating words that you had said just to annoy you.

"You literally walk out of the room every time you see me. How am I supposed to talk to you when you never even want to stick around and look at me?"

Bucky stayed quiet for a moment, studying your face before he spoke up again.

"Because from the second I met you, you were nothing but a little brat that didn't have a care in the world. You shouldn't even be on the team, you can't fight or anything and they never take you on any missions. Which kinda gives me a feeling that you're just here to entertain us. But, I have never once heard anyone speak any good of you, Y/N. In fact, no one even talks about you at all. So clearly, if you are just here to entertain, you're doing a pretty bad job at it. I mean, hell, why would Fury even bring you here, you're pretty useless to the team and you have no personality." He finished and walked to the back of the jet where he fiddled on his phone.