bucky | no idea

|song: In Quiet Rooms- Ollie Mn|

(new point of view for this one)

(trigger warning: sleep paralysis)

She laid on her bed trying to find a moments peace. Her phone vibrated on the nearby table with her friends texting her with the latest details of a party going on tonight. Y/N reached over and shut off her phone and cradled her head in her hands and tried to gather her thoughts in time to finish all of her homework. She was overloaded.

First it was the responsibility of taking care of her sick mother and her five year old brother while her dad was almost non existent in her life. Then it was all of her college classes, almost every one of them AP. She had began to take online classes so she could be at home for her family. Other times is was the thoughts she had in her head as she laid awake in her bed late at night struggling to sort out her mind. But the one thing that constantly haunted her was the secret that she wouldn't dare to spill from her lips.

As Y/N grew from her younger years she went through the same things that any other kid in the world did. Although there were a few things that were a bit out of the ordinary. It started out with the weird voices of other people's thoughts in her head, then came the photogenic memory, everything she saw was immediately imprinted into her mind forever. To top it all off came the ability of mind control. She had figured it out when she was babysitting her brother one day and when she thought of an action, he executed it with no hesitation. Making sure she wasn't crazy, Y/N did try it out a few more times on other people but became too frightened by her newfound talents to continue using it anymore.

So here she was, sitting in her room with a million pieces of school work surrounding her as she scanned each one quickly to keep it in her brain. Right as she was about to finish her last few pages a loud crash sounded from downstairs followed by the scream of her mother as well as a gunshot. Y/N sprinted out of her room and into her brother's room and grabbed him, leading him to the small door in the back of his closet. She made sure he was safe before slowly walking down the stairs and peering into the living room.

What she saw would stay in her mind forever thanks to the curse of her memory, it was her mother, sitting in her favorite chair with blood running down the front of her shirt. Her breath was labored and her dazed sight traveled around the room and until it finally landed upon Y/N. She whispered one thing into the air before the light left her beautiful eyes.

"I love you both."

Y/N stood in a puddle of grief as she watched her mother's final moments in her life. But that grief was forcefully diminished when she heard men start to yell and guns reloading. She hid in the corner of the stair case and focused her mind on where the men were downstairs. Her grip on their brains slipped every so often and the ones still standing tried to move up the stairs. However, she eventually took control over the minds of all the men and caused them to turn on each other in a fleet of friendly fire.

When then were no more voices, no more ringing shots, she slid down the wall she was propped up against and began to cry. Her mother was gone, and she was alone with a power that she had no idea how to control. Then she stood from her position and ran to her brother. He was curled in the tightest ball she'd ever seen and he was desperately crying. "We're gonna be okay..."

She whispered to her brother, and quite honestly she didn't truly know what was going to happen to them. But in that moment she swore she would keep him safe until the day she died.

--

They fell asleep in the crammed closet, both too worn out to move and Y/N refused to let her brother see the death that hovered in their house. She was awoken by the sound of voices, not ones in head, no, but ones echoing downstairs. Y/N scooted to the closet door and silently shut it and strained her ears to hear the conversation. She couldn't make out words, but she could see two men and a woman downstairs walking over the bodies and searching for a sign of life.