bucky | the band

|song: Electric Love (Oliver Remix)- Børns|

Somehow on some huge miracle, Tony and the rest of the team had convinced Bucky to come with them to a bar after a long week of work.

They waited excitedly in the living room as Bucky reluctantly changed into something other than his heavy training gear.

He changed into a simple black shirt with a pair of black jeans and threw on a tan leather jacket to go on top of it. Which not only provided warmth in the cold night but kept him from flaunting the arm that haunted him. He slicked his long hair back and looked in the mirror above his bathroom sink.

I should get a haircut. He thought to himself before walking down to the awaiting Avengers.

Tony wolf whistled as Bucky came down the stairs which caused the rest of the team to look over at him. He received many smiles and a clap on the back from Steve as they left the tower.

The Avengers arrived at the small yet crowded bar and grabbed a large booth towards the back. The bar was overflowing with laughing and drunk adults. And there were even more of them on the floor in front of the stage.

There was a small band playing on that stage, three boys, one singing, one drumming and the other playing bass. What caught Bucky's attention was the girl playing the guitar.

Her hair was freely flowing around her and a large smile was plastered on her face as she finished out her solo she was playing. As she moved around, her bracelets and zippers jumped on her body. She wore torn black jeans, a loose grey shirt and black booties on her feet.

When the song was over the singer then announced that they were taking a quick break and that they would be back after a few minutes. The crowd booed and went back to dancing when the DJ came onto stage and started playing the latest hits on the radio as the band hopped off the stage towards the bar.

Everyone had slowly left the booth; Natasha, Wanda, Thor and Clint had dragged Steve onto the dance floor where he was slowly succumbing to the aura of a Friday night. Tony and Thor were hitting up the bar to grab a round of drinks for the dancing Avengers. Bruce and Vision had stayed home, not enjoying the party scene as much as the others.

Bucky didn't either, he didn't like being there. The loud noises and screaming people put him on edge and he couldn't relax. He certainly couldn't get drunk either thanks to the super soldier serum, but he still had a drink in his hand trying to blend in.

As Bucky sat there watching his friends and the other people he missed one that appeared across from him in the booth. It was the girl that played the guitar on stage.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked him with a smile on her face, setting her drink down across from Bucky as his shook his head.

"It's much quieter over here and after standing in front of these amps for 2 hours I can barely hear a thing," She said as she took a swig from her drink and looked at Bucky.

"I'm Y/N." She politely introduced herself and held out her right hand to shake in his.

"Bucky." He said and put his right hand in hers. "Yeah, I kinda knew that already. I saw you guys walk in during our set and recognized you immediately."

Bucky looked at her in surprise and laughed as a blush crept onto her face. "I could show you where Natasha and the rest of them are if you want, I'm not exactly doing anything ground breaking at the moment."

She shook her head and laughed too.

"That's why I came over here, I'm not a super big partyer, unlike my brothers over there which seem to have joined the rest of your friends over there." She smiled and motioned towards the three boys that were laughing and dancing along with the rest of Bucky's teammates.

"Plus, you're my favorite hero." Y/N leaned closer to Bucky and whispered, he stared at her for a while, thinking about what she had just said.

"Me? What, why?" Bucky asked her in confusion, he was the least likable person out of all of the Avengers.

"I mean I've read about you in museums and you just seem like a very nice person, considering everything you've had to deal with in your life. Even though you've seen and had to do horrible things I don't think that changed who you really are, you're just... afraid to let it out I guess." Y/N said while spinning her cup around, avoiding eye contact.

Bucky smiled and a blush grew on his cheeks and he slowly put his metal hand on top of her soft normal one. The weight wasn't too much but it was enough for her to look up and pat Bucky's arm with her hand and leave it there. "Thank you." He said to her.

Y/N nodded and when she looked back from from their arms he had a smirk on his face and winked at her.

"Why don't we go dancing doll." He said and pulled her to the dance floor where they met up with the cheering Avengers and her brothers. Steve looked over and saw his friend dancing just like he used too back in the 40's.

Steve knew, Bucky was going to be just fine with Y/N by his side.

HE IS SO ADORABLE OH MY GOSHHHHHHHH