bucky | captivated

|song: Too Afraid To Love You- The Black Keys|

She had been innocent once, a little girl that played with feathers in her room. But that room soon turned to the devils lair.

It changed when she was least expecting it. Her parents killed in cold blood, her brother and her torn apart, never to see each other again.

Unfortunately for her, she had been taken by the wrong people. The ones that would turn her life to hell, HYDRA.

The death of Captain America had shocked the nation, maybe even the world. Once again when he was retrieved from the ice, along with his best friend Bucky Barnes. And now there was time for another legend to arise.

They call her the Winter Soldier.

Standing at 5'6 the girl seemed harmless. But the years of brainwashing and training turned her heart to stone. She left no trace wherever she went, making it impossible to track her, and impossible to forget.

Her record was miles long. She had carried out almost three dozen missions on her own, each one highly dangerous and of course, successful. A third of those were simply stealing from some of the top organizations in the world, the rest were either assassinations or captures. SHIELD was impressed to say the least, the skill HYDRA had to make such a destructive and invisible weapon was almost too much to fathom.

Which is why they wanted her for themselves.

Steve and Bucky were given the mission to extract the asset. Fury told them three things, be quick, be quiet and don't get killed. Words to live by.

They say she is lives in the middle of no where, in a small cottage that no one would suspect to house a deadly assassin. And since she has been such a gift to their organization, they let her live as she wants when she isn't being called in. They want to give her some freedom so that she has a balance of peace and torture. However, torture will always out weigh the peace in her life.

And sure enough, when they arrived in Washington, there was her cottage in the woods. Not to far from a small town, but far enough that no one would go near there. She wasn't home, so they casually walked the grounds of the town.

Bucky saw her at the local farmers market. She had a pretty smile on her face and her hair was loosely hanging in its natural state. The assassin wore something not much different from what a normal girl would wear. She had on blue jeans with small holes in them, a pair of vans and an over-sized sweater to combat the temperature.

The market man handed her back her basket filled with strawberries, mangos and plums. They exchanged friendly goodbyes and she headed back home on foot.

They waited to follow her to keep their cover, and when it had been about ten minutes they went back to her small house.

Inside her house she had countless books in the large bookcases, she had no TV, but there was a small laptop and a phone sitting on her white coffee table. Her room was very simple, her bed sheets were black and had dark blue pillows sitting on them. The walls were a light grey and had pictures of her all over the world hanging on them, pictures from her missions and posters of different bands. A record player sat atop a small nightstand near a navy blue desk, and was currently playing a song they didn't know.

Bucky silently climbed through the window in her room, watching her from the door while Steve snuck through the garden and in the back door. She walked into her kitchen after she changed into shorts and set the fireplace. Just before she put her groceries in the fridge she stopped and looked around her. Nothing would fly by the perfect assassin. She pulled out a small knife from her shorts and stuffed the strawberries in her fridge.