Chapter 10 "So be it..."

It's Wednesday! Sorry for the late wait! But I gave you a double upload the other week and wasn't able to catch up fast enough with all of my exams. Good news, this is my last week of school and I get to give you better uploads now! Yay! *happy dance*

  So this is dedicated to ElizabethShadow(AGAIN), because she helped me revise the first half of the chapter. Writer's block had decided to sneak up on me and she helped me through it! :)

  Secondly, I picked "Home" by Three Days Grace last Chapter because of obvious reasons, you ghost readers, you! COMMENT TO GET THE DEDICATION!! *wink wink*

  And the song for this chapter is "On My Own" by Three Days Grace. I know! TWO TDG songs in a row! *gasp!* I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll see why I picked it. I've begun posting all of my songs on the side---> Somewhere over there. Listen to it while you read!!!

And finally… *bites nails* the moment you’ve all been waiting for: Chapter 10, efficiently and suitably named “So be it.”

Vivian’s POV

  As soon as Ravyn told me where Daegan had run off to, I raced after him, my heart pounding against my chest. “Daegan!”

  He was sitting on a bench, his head in his hands. “What do you want, Vivian?” He asked softly, pain and hurt in his voice.

  I sat down next to him and he lifted his head, his dark brown hair shadowing over his angry, injured eyes. “You should have taken the potion.”

  I expected him to get angry but he just dropped his head in his hands again. “I know.”

  I took vial out of my pocket. “Drink it.”

  He did as I said and downed it, not even complaining about its bitter taste. “She hates me.” He said numbly.

  I shook my head and took the vial back. “She doesn’t hate you.”

  “Yes she does. She told me. She said she never wanted to see my face again.”

  “She doesn’t mean it, not really.”

  He sighed. “I wish I could believe you.”

  I shrugged. “Suit yourself, but I know she doesn’t hate you.”

  He stared at me. “You mean it?”

  I nodded. “I’d never lie to you.”

~

Drake’s POV

  I woke up with a bad feeling in my stomach. Something was wrong. Where was Ryleigh? I racked my brain for what room she was in and ran over to the door, knocking lightly. “Come in!”

  I entered and my heart lurched in my chest, she looked so beautiful, but her eyes looked so sad. “Ryleigh, what’s wrong?”

  Her fists balled into tight fists. “Get out!” She screamed at me.

  I winced and tried hard not to let it show. “Ryleigh?” It was like she wasn’t even there. Her beautiful presence was replaced by angry monster, a monster I knew all too well within myself.

  “I said get out, jerk!”

  She threw her pillow at me and I quickly dodged it. “What the heck, Ryleigh? What’s going on?”

  I tried to sit next to her on her bed so she would maybe calm down a little, but she scooted away from me. The forced distance making my chest ache in an unfamiliar way. “Go away.”

  I reached out to stroke her hair, trying to soothe her, hoping she could explain the mix of emotions drowning my very being. What happened? “Princess…”