Chapter 3 "That sundress"

I am on a roll! I'm a speed demon this week! Three chapters in two days? Unheard of! Anyways, I saw no comments on my song choice... I picked it because that's what Drake is feeling and blah blah blah. Someone needs to at least attempt to guess this time. Please!?! With cherries on top?

Alright, so here's the third chapter! I hope you enjoy the little cliffhangers! ;D

  His breath became shaky. “Ryleigh, I uh...um, well, you see uh…” He stuttered.

  “Please, Drake?”

  “I’m not answering that.”

  “Drake!”

  “No, Ryleigh. I can’t even explain it.”

  “Daegan!” It slipped. I didn’t mean to call him by his Kiaden name.

  “Don’t call me by that!” He bellowed.

  “Answer my question!” I yelled back, Nutmeg getting antsy.

  “No!”

  I exhaled loudly. “I can never trust you again. You’ve blown in, Drake.”

  I kicked her and she took off with me, the two of us sailing through the trees. When we reached the stables, I took off her saddle and stored it in the tack room.

  He came running up to me. “Ryleigh, please hear me out!”

  “Drake, I gave you a chance, my gut told me to say all of it, and I feel it too.”

  “Ryleigh, why is this so important to you?”

  “Why do you do it? When you answer that for me, I’ll answer yours.” I stomped out with him calling behind me.

  “You’re overreacting, please listen to me.”

  Overreacting? Maybe a little, but for some odd reason, I was furious. “Why should I listen to you? You’re the one telling me not to hold back and go with my gut and you don’t even answer my question.”

  “Technically, you told me to tell you, you never asked me in question form.”

  “You little smarty…” I struggled with the description. “Smarty-pantsed, jerk-faced, son of a biscuit eating bulldog that acts like he cares until the spotlight is on him!” I fumed.

  “I’d laugh, but it was directed towards me.” He said, trying to lighten up the situation.

  “Don’t talk to me.”

  I tried to walk off, but he grabbed me. “Ryleigh, stop, please.” He almost begged.

  “Tell me or I’m walking away.”

  “I can’t put it into words.”

  “Well figure it out and get back to me, because I’m not going to stand here and forgive you if you’ve still kept me in the dark.”

  His grip loosened. “I’ll let you know by nightfall. I promise.”

  “I’ll be in my guest house. Just let yourself in before we go to dinner.”

  He let go of me and stood there, watching me walk up to my guest house. I opened the door and found all of my furniture out into place. It looked wonderful, but my excitement for it was pretty low, so I climbed the stairs and took a long, pointless shower to clear my thoughts. I got out and changed into my most princess-y outfit. It was a sky blue sundress that came just below my knees. On the skirt was an orange sun the size of a plate, and it was surrounded by a dark blue moon. It reminded me of the Daoine ar an Oiche.