Chapter 4 "Twin freak and twin loser"

Alright, i have the fourth chapter up finally! i have a few things to say before I start though.

First, I'm sorry it took me a little while to update, i've had a bunch of school stuff and I got my laptop taken away. :/ Oh well. I just have to use the family computer when my brother isn't hogging it.

Second, I'd like to tell you now that the story jumps around a lot but I'm hoping this clears a few things up...and arrouses some new questions as well.

Third, I dedicate this to Jaymi! She's like one of my bestest friends ever! You know who you are because you guessed the song right!

And last, I must say you have a rare treat, i actually wrote from Drake's POV. I'm just saying you won't get it often, so enjoy the chapter while you can dive into his inner thoughts.

Enjoy!

  Okay. This game of his was really beginning to freak me out. There was no way he could really like me…could he? No. No! I was snarky and stubborn and he spent all of his time trying to get under my skin or push every last button until I exploded. There was no way he was playing this game to show me how he felt because he’s too shy to actually say it. He wasn’t shy! He was one of the bluntest people I know! He just knew that his flirting made me completely nuts. Well, two can play this game.

  I batted my eyelashes like I’ve seen a million girls do and giggled. “Thanks, Drake.”

  The look on his face almost broke my character. I couldn’t laugh at his reaction, he’d know it was fake. “Uh…”

  I walked up to him and slightly touched his arm. “I said thank you. You’re really sweet sometimes.”

  And with that, I was flitting away, leaving him to gape. Ha! One point for Ryleigh.

  He quickly recovered, to my dismay, and scurried up to me like a puppy. “So, you’re finally admitting I’m not all bitter?” He asked with a cocky smirk painted all over his face.

  “I never said you were all bitter.” I sighed, over enunciating the word all. “You can actually be quite decent when you want to be.”

  I guess this threw him off, because he walked along side me, staring at me with a weird expression on his face. “Who are you and what have you done with Ryleigh?”

  “Whatever do you mean?” I gasped.

  “Okay, that’s a little more sarcastic than the last comment but there wasn’t a hint of humor behind that remark.”

  “I’m just being honest, Drake. I think I should be more honest.”

  “You are honest. So honest it drives me insane sometimes!”

  “You think I drive you insane? Try reversing the roles for an hour. Maybe you’d see from my point of view.”

  “I can’t see from the point of view of the girl I li—“ He cut himself off and blushed furiously. “I mean the girl that pokes needles in my back every day.”

  “What were you trying to say before that?” I queried, feeling curious and clueless.

  “Nothing. You don’t want to know.”

  “Some snide remark I’m guessing? Maybe about how stupid I actually looked in the sundress?”

  “You didn’t look stupid, you looked very…” He glanced down at me and his face filled with panic. “Never mind.”

  “What? You can’t not finish two sentences! That’s not fair!”

  “Well…” He struggled. “Life’s not fair!” Was his intelligent reply.