Chapter 2 "A whole new world..."

Chapter 2 is here! Sorry if you hate the cliffhanger, but be warned! Anyways, I want feedback. I like constructive criticsm. How do you think Kiaden will be? i don't know, why don't you read to find out? Sorry, I can be a little smart-alleky but whatever! Enjoy!

I ran home, slipping into my pajamas and willing myself to sleep. This was way out of my comfort zone, but the way everyone talked about Patricia made me wonder how they could make this up. My eyes refused to heavy, which made me try even harder. Maybe all of those theories about dreams weren’t just signs, they were real. I’d give anything to be with Patricia and actually be able to touch her, if all I could do was give her one more hug, I would.

  My mind wandered off to what else this dream world could bring, and after an hour of tossing and turning, I finally feel into a very deep sleep.

~

  My feet were moving, but I couldn’t stop walking to feel for where I was. It was pitch black, and no light escaped through a crack or small hole, so I let my feet guide me. It took a few yards for me to realize there was a strong scent wafting around me. It was very distinct and I knew I had smelt it before. I searched my mind for the flower it smelt like. It wasn’t rose…definitely not daises…and I was positive it wasn’t hibiscus.

  Lilies! Pond lilies to be exact, but I knew I had smelled it before. As soon as the thought went through my mind, a little light blazed through the darkness. It was just enough light to follow, and it took me awhile to distinguish its shape. It was a circle, but it wasn’t perfect and full. It looked very similar to the shape of the moon I had seen tonight.

  Tonight…what had gone on tonight? Oh yes! Ms. Mia told me I could see my sister through a dream world. What a ridiculous idea. Wait…

  Was this how I would get there? By darkness? It sounded to me like I had died and I was now making my way to heaven. What had she called that special heaven? Kirden? Kayden?  Kiaden! That was it, it was Kiaden. Who came up with such a funny name?

  The light became brighter and I was getting very close to the hot white light. I stepped through the moon-like circle and I fell, landing on a stone floor with a hard thud.

  I groaned, rubbing my face and trying to stand up. My eyes found my arms and I screamed. My skin was replaced by a soft blue mist that faded in and out of place. You could barely tell I had fingers. They just look like odd little nubs that disappeared and then reappeared.

  Her voice startled me and I jumped, which I didn’t think was possible for a blue mist girl. “Welcome to Kiaden, Ryleigh.”

  She looked vaguely familiar. Her hair was auburn like Ms. Mia’s but her eyes were a glowing brown that made it impossible for me to look at. I studied the rest of her face and found it changed every time I blinked, and that made my misty head spin. “Who are you?”

  “On Earth, you know me as Ms. Mia, but here, I’m the Oracle.”

  “Oracle? Don’t they tell a person prophesy and stuff?”

  “You are correct, Child.”

  Yep. That was her alright. “Why am I blue?”

  Through all of the feature changes on her face, the smile was still the same. “Imagine your dream self. Whoever you want to look like, you imagine clearly in your mind, right now.”

  “Sounds easy enough.” I cleared my thoughts and let them be replaced by me, only taller and leaner. My hair was a darker shade of brown that was rich…like someone’s eyes, but I couldn’t remember who it belonged to. My eyes, where an icy-blue, a color I couldn’t ignore in a room of neon colors, and my mind was drawn to my ears, which wear clearly pointed. It wasn’t a dramatic point, but I couldn’t tell myself to round them out, so let them be.