Break Out! Break Out!

Put up or shut up, we're not wasting time again,
The credits are rolling and we're getting lost again,
In parking lots, to serenading sirens,
As the blue lights bathed our smiles.

Alex's hands dropped from Elizabeth's belly, his face mirroring her sister's. He stared at her for one long minute, before turning round and running his fingers through his hair.

"Oh f**k." He whispered, staring up at the sky. "Oh f**king hell."

"Alex.." Elizabeth muttered, reaching out for him but he held up his hand for space.

"How did this happen?" He asked, almost to himself.

"Well, erm, there's this certain thing that people do when they're in love.." Elizabeth started, trying to change the harsh atmosphere but Alex just looked at her, face serious.

"What are you going to do?" He asked, eyes cast to the floor.

"I'm keeping our baby." Elizabeth replied, eyes firm and stubborn.

"Ok." Alex muttered.

He started towards the edge of the hill.

"Alex, no, wait!" Elizabeth shouted. She reached for his hand but he pulled it roughly from her grasp.

"I need some time to think. I'll be in touch, Lizz." His eyes were big pits of worry. He smiled sadly, before jogging quickly down the hill.

ALEX POV

He dived quickly into the waiting car, not looking back to see Elizabeth's face. He felt so bad about leaving her like that, but he needed some time away for a while, a time to sort out his messed-up head. The car arrived at a hotel and he checked in as quickly as he could, before jogging up to his room. Alex knew there was only one person he could call at a time like this. He picked up on the first ring.

"Alex dude, is that you?" Jack asked.

"Yeah buddy, it's me." Alex said. His voice sounded different even to himself, all broken and anxious.

"What's up?" Jack asked, sensing something was wrong.

"Elizabeth's pregnant." There was an awkward silence.

"Is it yours?" Came the response.

"Of course it's mine, you douche."

"Well, I had to ask, it's always usually the quiet ones-" Jack started.

"Jack, shut up for a sec. I need you to be serious here." Alex let out a long sigh. "I'm not ready to be a Dad, dude." There was another awkward silence and Alex began to wish he had called Zack or Rian.

"Who is?" Jack eventually replied.

"Sorry?"

"I don't think anyone is 100% ready in the long run. I mean even those super-serious Daddys with the trousers up to their ankles and the beards and s**t aren't perfect." Jack said.

"Yeah, but-" Alex started.

"Would you rather she got rid of it?"

"No but-"

"Exactly. So you just have to live with it. I'm sure you'll be just fine."

"Hmm, I hope, it seems like I have no other choice. I better go now, I'm gonna have a sleep and stuff, clear my head. Tell the guys I said hello." Alex said.

"Will do...just one more thing.." Jack replied.

"Yeah?"

"Can I teach it to do cannonballs at the swimming pool? And how to light it's farts on fire? Oooh, and can I be Godfather-"

Alex slammed down the phone.

So yeah, just a short chapter guys, hope you don't mind..I wanted to get this out as soon as possible seeing as I haven't updated in a while.. and I welcome any reviews, criticism or ideas in the box follow! Thanks guys<3