Backseat Serenade.

Oh God, I'm sick of sleeping alone

You're salty like a summer day

Kiss the sweat away

To your radio.

Alex ran his hand through his hair, hearing the distant cheering and pounding of the crowd. Jack and Zack stood in the corner, jumping up and down crazily, the adrenaline already kicking in. Rian beat some drum sticks against the heavy velvet of the sofas, a smile forming against his lips. After a sell-out tour and a sucessful set at Leeds festival, All Time Low was about to play Reading and Alex couldn't wait to get out there. This would mean the end of touring for a while and the chance to see his beautiful girls, Allena and Elizabeth again. Not that he hadn't enjoyed it. Whilst he had truly missed Elizabeth and Allena with everything he'd got, so much so that he'd felt emotionally weak for days on end and sometimes unable to even move from his bunk, he'd be lieing if he said he didn't enjoy seeing their fans and the chance to play shows to the people who meant everything to his band. Just seeing so many kids and young people turning up night after night to see his band, screaming at the tops of their lungs and smiling like this was the very best of life, was brilliant for him. Different races, ages, genders, backgrounds, cultures, languages...none of it was a barrier for their fanbase. Plus, after releasing Don't Panic, they hadn't been expecting the amount of support they achieved from going back to a small label and he was so proud of their fans for sticking with them through that.  Alex heard the roar of the crowd as the last band finished their set and one of the Reading festival crew motioned for them to follow him. The guys grinned at each other, the performing buzz setting in properly now, before bounding after the crew member. As the reached the metal steps leading up to the main stage, they heard the familier chanting as hundreds of their fans called out for their idols. At festivals, not everyone was your fan and some people in the crowd just wouldn't like you. But Alex enjoyed that challenge, enjoyed the feeling that at least one person in that crowd may have changed their opinion on his band and his music. They all linked arms for a second, heads close together.

"1, 2, 3, 4.."  They chanted, high fiving and clapping backs, before pushing off each other and running onto the stage. Most of the crowd screamed and jumped about, desperately trying to get forward. Blinking away the gleam from the lights, Alex dived up to the microphone and shouted: "We're f**king All Time Low and this is Don't Panic." Launching into  the opening verse of The Reckless and the Brave, Alex had a moment to worry about the sheer size of the audience before pushing it away and carrying on. Jack ran about the stage like a little kid let loose in a Haribo factory, each show like a extra large dose of e-numbers. They ran through For Baltimore, If These Sheets Were States, Somewhere In Neverland, Paint You Wings, So Long Soldier and a cover of Feeling This, a cover dedicated to their favourite band Blink-182, causing the crowd to go wild and even some mosh pits to open up around the audience. Glancing behind him as the last chords played out, Alex saw a beaming smile amid a mess of chocolate brown hair, standing at the side of the stage. In her arms, of course, he could see the one-toothed beam of his daughter. He dashed to their side, tangling together in a sea of happiness. Reaching down, he pressed his lips against Elizabeth's before scooping a delighted Allena into his arms. "I've missed you both so much." He murmured, cuddling his daughter to him. His band members were looking a bit worried at this point, as Alex hadn't even completed the set by saying goodbye and thanking the crowd. Striding back onstage with Allena in his arms, he heard the crowd register his daughter and the automatic response of 'aww' it created. Feeling slightly like Rafiki in The Lion King presenting Simba to all the kingdom, he said into the microphone: "Thank you so much for an awesome show, without you guys none of this would be possible. We love you so much!" Jack, Rian and Zack smiled and waved, shouting a mix of appreciation before leaving the stage together. Sitting down on the velvet sofas inside their dressing room he clasped Elizabeth to his side, kissing her hair. She smiled up at him.

"I can't believe how much you've changed." He exclaimed to Allena. "Look at your lovely long hair. Daddy's little princess right?". She nodded enthusiastically, before clambering down from his lap. As she did so, he couldn't help noticing just how much she'd changed. Her hair was now slightly thicker and reaching nearly to her shoulders in thick curls and she'd grown several inches since Alex had last seen her. As he watched, she took two wobbly steps before falling with a thud onto her bottom and glancing behind her for the praise she knew she'd recieve. He responded with applause and a beaming smile, beyond proud of this small but important achievement.

"She's learning things everyday. I can't wait for you to finally be able to see her reach her little goals again." Elizabeth said happily.  Allena was whisked up into Jack's arms, who seemed almost as thrilled as Alex to see his little goddaughter again. He tickled her gently, before telling a slightly concerned Alex that he was taking her for a backstage tour. Walking quickly before Elizabeth or Alex could change their minds, he padded out of the dressing room and out onto the grassy arena at the back, which was filled with tour buses. Glancing around, he spotted a chilled out Hayley Williams lounging by the Paramore tour bus and he headed over to say hi. Hayley loved Allena and in return, Allena seemed besotted with Hayley, though Jack thought in part this must be because of her slightly bright coloured hair that was the main attraction. After exchanging some conversation with other band members and their tour manager, Steve (who turned who to be the world's biggest softie and completely adore Allena, though she didn't seem so sure, probably because of his slightly fierce manner and numerous tattoos) he headed back and passed her to clearly anxious Alex.

"I am her goddfather you know, I can be trusted to look after her for half an hour." He said, winking at a bemused Elizabeth.

"I know, I know, but we're parents, this is our job." She laughed and the three of them headed out to enjoy the fun of Reading festival.

Sorry if the ending seemed rushed, I had something I had to do, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter and as I'm writing this on Christmas Eve, I hope you all have a beautiful Christmas and a very happy new year! :)