8.

Dedicated to our favourite watermelon WatermelonBlue

    Within minutes I had tiptoed my way up the stairs to the attic. In my time alone, I'd traced the main operating room. It was locked of course, but I was wise enough to snatch some keys from my lovely bosses briefcase. The door clicked open on the third try.

     I quietly snuck in, still afraid that my boss could catch me any moment, I needed to move fast. I wasn't as gifted in hacking as some people but my limited skill was adequate in helping me unlock the system and in bringing down the firewall. His password was a no brainer - billionaire. I'd learnt it all from my former roommate when I'd started college, Macy - she was such a geek and a major pushover, beautiful nonetheless.

    I cracked my knuckles as my hands hovered on erase. I tapped it, all the events from when Raphael had returned were deleted. I needed my pay check and I'd be roast turkey if my boss ever found out about the events of today. I just had to hope and pray that Raphael wouldn't be perceptive enough. In a moment, I was whistling down the hallway not at all suspiciously, keys in my pocket.

     Raphael would be fine, wouldn't he? I didn't need him suspicious of the reasons behind why I slept over, he and I both knew I'd rather be lowered into a tank of sharks in a stray jacket than that. Or maybe he didn't know, but whatever he thought about me, I wasn't sleazy and I wasn't even interested in him. But his so handsome and rich. A voice that sounded so much like my librarian friends voice said.

      Well, I answered perhaps crazy for arguing with myself, I am so sane and so not digging my grave, falling for a rock harder than the one's stone henge or the Pyramids were made of.

      I swiped my phone from the table and got out of the house, clicking the door softly and then locking it. I would take my spare key home with me today. I wouldn't even dare bother Victor at this time.

     I groaned as I got home, maybe I'd take today off, I thought as I fluffed my pillow and lay down, I was out within seconds.

    I dreamt, about a certain green coloured eye man, RAPHAEL. In my dream he'd been Looney from the medication perhaps and he'd stumbled upstairs straight out of sleep I presume because some of his hair was out of place. I guess he was on his way to pee again but he stopped as his eyes landed on me.

    He had his vicelike grip on my shoulders within seconds, and he roughly pushed me against the wall on the staircase. He didn't look too happy when they found mine as his eyes darkened. He was staring down at me with a furious intensity. Literally staring down at me. Damn, the man had height.

    "What are you up to maid?" His forest green eyes were still on my blue - grey ones.

    "I - I - I," I fumbled "I was umm." His hands left my shoulders and one hand held my chin up to look back at him. His hands were really cold. He looked strangely attractive with his bed hair and drowsy face but his eyes remained as sharp as ever.

      "Well Sir, if you must know," I said closing of every bit of attraction and removed his hand from under my chin. Was that a look of shock I saw on his face? I couldn't tell because it was gone the next second. He let his hand fall to his side still staring at me anticipating what he'd do next because he taught I was the prey and he the predator. He was wrong!

    I stood there folding my hands indignantly as we stared each other down, ordinarily I avoided eye contact but this man brought out a side of me, that wasn't very welcome.

     "Tell me maid! Or you won't like what I'll do next."

     "You talk like Shakespeare, besides I'm....." The rest was cut of when I felt his lips brush my cheek and he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. I blushed furiously, my heart was thumping so loud I'm sure he could hear, "Your crystal eyes look like the sky on a snow day, On the top of Mt. Everest." He said it like it was a random fact, and his eyes were looking straight at mine. I felt so flustered at this moment. The lights flickered for a moment and that brought me back to my senses.

     As if he read my mind and to make me look stupid, he placed his arms on either side of the wall and said to me, trapping me like a predator, with that death smirk. "Look at you maid, what is going on in your mind? I did that because I was certain you wouldn't like it but it seems you don't mind." He smirked as his rich baritone voice still sent vibrations up and down my spine.

      My, my Raphael was really feeling smug wasn't he? I pushed him back liking the fact he was no longer in my personal bubble. You do, do you? I ignored the voice and before I knew what I'd stepped on his feet and ran down the stairs, I so hope the doctor was right about him forgetting everything the next morning.

    I woke up with a start and noticed the alarm that rang 3:30 a.m? When did I become so punctual? I snoozed it, without looking at it and went back to sleep. Tomorrow I'd be using a good amount of foundation to cover up my eye bags. But now I wished to sleep.

I updated!!!!!! 💃😏🙌
Jinkies!! What has wattpad done with all my hard work, I'll sort it out later