All Tied Up

Cisco stared, eyes ajusting to the darkness, to see his best friend stirring awake. Barry's eyes squinted open then squeezed closed. With the sight of the possibility harmed friend, Cisco found the strength to bite through his gag and talk to him.

  "Barry? You okay," he spat out the brittle cloth.

  But he didn't answer right away. He first waved his hand over his face a couple of times and bit through the gag in his own mouth. "Cisco," he asked.

  "Yeah?"

  "Where are we?"

  "In the back of a van. Are you okay?"

  "Yeah, I'm fine. You good?"

  "I'm good. Despite our situation, that is."

  Barry let his eyes ajust to the eerie darkness of the van and tried looking at his tied hands behind his back. The only thing to let his eyes converge to the darkness, was the small blue light glowing from the ropes. Scratch that: metal. He was in power dampening handcuffs. This wasn't good.

  Barry shuffled a little bit in disgust. He was stricken down by Cisco's brother with a- Cisco's brother!

  "That was your brother who did this," Barry gritted his teeth.

  "No, that's what I was trying to tell you on the phone, 'that's not Dante.'"

  "But," Barry tried to piece together the evidence. It all led to Dante. The music, the relation, the face. "That was Dante. I saw his face and it was Dante Ramon. Are you trying to tell me it was someone who looked exactly like Dante?"

  Cisco gasped. "The vocal modulator!"

  "I don't think your device made to disguise voices made him look like Dante."

  "No, but the smart glass can."

  "Smart glass? What are you talking about?"

  "Smart glass, it's the stuff we put in front of my suit after you learned how to phase," Cisco explained. "If someone walks in and isn't a member of Team Flash, it will look like there isn't anything there. We wanted to see how long you would go before crashing into the glass. Theoretically, someone could take the technology and manipulate it into making element a look like element b."

  "If this person looks talks and acts just like Dante, then-"

  "Talk," he half shouted. "If you wanted to sound like the other person, you had to put the technology on their throat!"

  "Something tells me this guy didn't ask politely," Barry grunted.

  They sat there, in the dark, for fifteen more minutes, thinking about Dante and themselves. Feeling every bump in the road, every sputter of the engine, and every break not Dante took, Cisco could tell where they were. As far as anyone would be concerned, he and Barry were on their way to the rural areas of Central City. Not that it mattered. There was no way anybody would find out.

  Not Dante had convinced Cisco to disable the security cameras before he was caught in a choke hold  by, who he thought was, his brother. The crook of not Dante's elbow lay just against his nose, a strange aroma coming from it. He struggled for a few minutes until he lost the ability to hold his eyes open. It was totally out of character for Dante to f of such a thing.

  His brother was no saint, opposed to what their parents believed. No, in high school he wasn't a popular kid, neither of them were. He was just good enough at music to receive a scholarship to the community college, which he quickly dropped out of. He and their parents thought he was too good for a local college, and he hadn't furthered his education.