Chapter 25

Four weeks later.

I came home exhausted after the graduation day. The last few days have been very hectic. First the exams and studies then the results and graduation day preparations have completely wore me out but it’s not over yet. Today there is a graduation party at Noah’s house and tomorrow is his mom’s wedding. The wedding was supposed to be last weekend but it got pushed ahead due to venue problems.

My parents were really proud of me for graduating with good grades. I had even been accepted in NYU, Oregon and MSU but I had still not finalized where I would like to go. Noah was taking in Oregon which he was getting due his sports scholarship. He wanted me to come there but I needed to think about it. It was a big decision after all; I couldn’t just follow Noah being his best friend.

I still have time to tell him the way I feel about him. I am going to enjoy my summer with him and leave the final decision depending on his answer. If he is willing to us a chance I will go to Oregon if not then New York it is. My dad has an apartment near the campus which his parents bought him when he joined the university there.

“Are you going to that party tonight?” My mom asked bringing me back to reality.

I shrugged. I wanted to go but it was going to be tiring. I had decided to stay at Noah’s place then get ready there itself in the morning for his mother’s wedding. My dress and shoes were already there since Noah accompanied to the shopping trip. “Yeah I am going if it’s ok with you?” I asked a little unsure.

I told my parents about my plan of staying at Noah’s so I wanted to be sure they were okay with it. I just hope they don’t change their mind the last minute. “No, we don’t mind. We trust you.” Said my dad and kissed the side of my head.

I smiled. I always felt proud about the fact that they trusted and believed in me. I hope to never let them down; I am going to miss them when I leave for college. “I will go and get ready.” I said.

“I thought you still had an hour or so before you left.” My mom said sounding a little sad. I am sure she was thinking about me leaving for college.

I went to them. “I do have an hour.” I said and sat down on the couch. My dad sat in front of me on the loveseat and mom went to the kitchen to make coffee.

After spending about an hour with my parents and them talking about the different career options I have I got up and left to get ready. I showered being careful about wetting my hair, I wrapped a towel around myself opened the closet and sat on my bed. What should I wear? A pair of shorts will be too casual, a dress too over the top.

I think being under dressed is way better than being overdressed so shorts it is. I pulled out my favorite pair of light blue faded shorts and a baby pink halter neck top to go with it. I got dressed quickly and brushed my hair adding a few curls, applied some pink gloss instead of clear and left the room. I remembered to take my overnight bag. I have to call Will.