Chapter 2

I walked with Rachel to my first class turns out that we have all the same classes except that me having French and Rachel Spanish. She is really funny, sweet and like my friends are mostly. We walked into the half empty English literature class. Students were still walking in and taking their seats.

The seats were given by the teacher that meant I could not sit with Rachel. She said bye to me and went to her seat. I sighed and went to sit a bench at the back of the class. I was flicking through my book and glancing around me nervously when someone came and stood beside my bench. I looked up and my heart literally stopped. He was so beautiful. He had deep blue eyes brown hair which was messy on the top. He was tall and well built. Oh my God! He is so cute. I took all this in within seconds when he spoke "You are in my seat."

I didn't know if I could talk. He is talking to you answer him for Christ’s sake. "I am sorry. I didn't know. I will move." I mumbled nervously and started gathering my stuff.

 He looked at me with an amused expression for few seconds before he said “You can sit here I sit alone anyways you just scoot over, I don’t like to sit on that side."

I knew I wouldn’t be able to say anything so I just scooted over like he said. Wow this was going to be a long class. I mentally slapped myself and started going through my book again. I could feel him looking at me which was making me conscious and uncomfortable. I tried really hard not to look at his handsome face again. Why did he have to be so cute? It’s very distracting.

 After what felt like years the teacher came in."Good morning, sorry I am late." She said looking over the class when her eyes stopped on me. "Are you the new student?" She asked.

I nodded and every head in the class turned towards me, I hate this so many people looking at me what if she asks me to speak in front of the class. No please... "Introduce yourself then. “ She said. I gulped and stood up trying to hold my nerve before I spoke. Don’t be scared; don’t be scared I kept repeating to myself. "I am Rebecca Thomas. I just moved here couple of days ago."  I said but it sounded more like a question if this much was enough

 Thankfully she nodded and I sat down few people were looking at me. I sat down quickly watching him look at me with an amusing expression. I couldn't look at him I turned back to my book. If I looked at his face, I will not be able to stop. Some students were looking at me making me feel like an alien sitting among humans. Why do they have to stare? Don’t have anything better to do maybe.

When the class started he looked at me and spoke softly and confidently, "Hi. I am Noah James. You are Rebecca?"

"Yup. Hi" saying casually as if it was not bothering me, him sitting so close was really distracting me. I didn't understand a word the teacher said.

It was quiet before he spoke again. "Can I see your schedule? Let’s see what classes you have. You look the studious type.” he said smirking. I handed him my schedule not really knowing what to say.