Chapter 20

I stood there quietly waiting for Noah to say something. It was quiet cold outside and we were still standing near his car. I was getting really frustrated. “Noah please just say it.” I said walking around and standing in front of him.

He looked at me worriedly. I just hope that I don’t break down in front of him. “Its...err…Cassie dumped me.” He mumbled looking at his feet sadly.

“Are you ok? What happened?” I asked. I can’t believe this she dumped him. She didn’t deserve him anyway I am glad that they broke up but Noah he looks sad.

“I don’t want you to know.” He mumbled again. What does he mean? I won’t think any bad about him maybe about Cassie but definitely not about him.

“Tell me, Noah. Please” I said pleadingly. Now I get it, he went to see her after lunch today and skipped school. Why doesn’t he want me to know?

He shook his head and looked at me then sighed. “Cassie thought I was cheating on her so she slept with someone else. She called me a liar, cheater and a man-whore.” He said sadly.

Who the hell does she think she is? How dare she talk to Noah that way? He looked so hurt and sad I was feeling like kicking Cassie’s ass. “Let’s go inside. Forget it.” He said taking my hand and looking at me pleadingly.

I would never say no to him. I can’t stand to see him like this, he is always so cheerful. I let him pull me in the house. The party was on in a full swing. We went to the bar and got ourselves a drink. I stuck with my coke while Noah took vodka. He is just trying to forget everything and get wasted.

We walked over to the corner where all our friends were standing. No one seems to notice that Cassie is missing; its good all of them hated her. All of us spent time talking and joking around. Rachel went away with a guy and Amber and Liam disappeared in one of the rooms. In sometime Noah, I and Will were left alone.

“Let’s dance.” Will said tugging me towards the dance floor. I couldn’t say no to him. He has been really supportive and understanding for past few days.

I kept my eyes on Noah’s every move. I am going home with him tonight maybe I should ask him to let me drive. By the looks of it Noah was getting wasted tonight. I didn’t like drunken Noah a lot; he was a lot of work. Will pulled me closer to him and I wrapped my arms around his neck leaving space between us.

Will was saying silly things in my ear making me laugh. I saw Noah glare at me and then walk to the stairs. I saw a girl with blonde hair sticking to the guy next to her. Shit, that is Cassie. I need to keep Noah away from her. I pulled out of Will’s hold, “I got to go.” I said and walked to Noah as quickly as possible.