Chapter 15

The day at school seemed longer than usual. I was so annoyed by lunch itself. I walked into the cafeteria and bought a salad. Thankfully, the students were making their way to the cafeteria so I didn’t have to wait in a line. I went towards our regular table where all of us had lunch. I sat in an empty seat between Will and Rosie. Noah always sat beside me so; I chose the seat between them on purpose. Rachel and Liam were already sitting but, the others were yet to come.

“Are you okay?” Rachel asked looking at me a little concerned. She didn’t know anything about my feelings for Noah otherwise I would have never heard the end of it.

I nodded. “Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?” I said and looked away from her. She looked at me for a couple of minutes and then smiled a little.

I was sitting quietly having my salad. I heard Rachel and Amber whispering something to each other so, I looked up at them. Over their shoulder I saw Noah and Cassie walking in our direction with trays of food in their hands. Noah sat exactly opposite me and Cassie took a seat beside him. She smiled at everyone warmly and then turned to me. She looked at me and her expressions changed then, she put on a fake smile.

I half smiled at her. I was playing with my salad turning it and moving it in the plate. I didn’t want to eat. I was not hungry. I just wanted to get up and run away from everyone especially Noah, go home and lock myself in my room. Noah was looking at me confused. He tilted his head to left, pointing at the empty seat next to him where I always sat.

I didn’t want to seat next to him so; I didn’t pay attention at him. The lunch was passing rather slowly with everybody making small conversions with Cassie so she felt like a part of the group. I hardly spoke to anyone. Will kept looking at me sympathetically but, he couldn’t do anything now.  I squeezed his hand a little reassuringly. Noah was kissing the side of Cassie’s and her neck.

The minute I saw that I got up. Everyone at the table stopped talking and looked at me curiously. “I have to go.” I said picking up my bag. I hung it over my shoulder and walked away as quickly as I could. I heard footsteps behind me but I didn’t stop.

Noah covered the distance between us soon and held my forehand making me stop. It had to be him no one else bothered me so much. I turned around to see Noah looking at me confused and slightly annoyed. Why the hell is he annoyed? I should be the one annoyed not him. He didn’t have any reason to. “Where are you going?” He asked.

I struggled to free my hand from his grip but it didn’t work, he had a death grip on me. I just shook my head and looked away trying to move away from him. He turned me around more and took hold of both my arms moving closer to me. There was an inch space between us; I could feel his hot breath blowing across my face. I refused to look at him. “What the hell is wrong with you?” He asked shaking me a little.

I looked up to see his face. He was looking at me a little worried, confused and hurt. I stated to feel bad for doing this to him. I pushed away the guilt and moved my hands to his chest and pushed him away forcing some distance between us. I won’t let him affect him anymore, I have had enough. “Just leave me alone.” I yelled at him.

Luckily, the hallways were empty during lunch otherwise I would have created a scene. I sighed and looked at Noah. He was looking at me confused and hurt. He was looking so hurt and lost I just wanted to wrap my arms around him. I instantly felt guilty about yelling at him. He didn’t move or anything, he just kept looking at me with sad eyes.