Chapter 13

Picture of Rachel on the side ---------->

I woke up in the morning with my head pounding. Damn, this headache is killing me. I groaned and got out of bed stretching like a cat. I am in mood for school today. I have been regular till now so, one day if I skip it shouldn’t matter. I am not ready to face anyone in fact, I don’t want to. I will break down seeing Noah with that Cassie. Staying home is the best option I have.

I walked into my bathroom, to get ready. I took a long hot shower to relax my muscles. Yesterday’s walking had caused sore leg muscles. I wrapped a towel around myself and went to the closet. I pulled on a pair of sweats and went downstairs. My mom and dad were sitting at the counter laughing. I walked closer to them and they both gasped. Shit, do I look that bad?

“What happened to you?” My mom asked shocked and walked towards me. She pressed her hand on my forehead to check if I had fever.

“I am not feeling very well. I am skipping school today ok?” I asked and took an empty seat besides my dad. Dad studied me with a curious expression before he looked away at the clock.

My mom passed me a plate of pancakes and a glass of orange juice. I took the glass of orange juice and emptied it in one breath. I am not feeling hungry. I just want to go to bed and curl up in a ball and stay there forever.

I was about to get up. “You are not eating a pancake?” My dad asked shocked. I love pancakes especially the ones my mom makes but, I am not hungry. I just don’t feel like eating.

“I am going to bed.” I said and got up. I looked at the clock. Shit, Noah will be here in ten minutes if he comes. “Mom tell Noah I am not going to school today, alright?” I said and ran upstairs before she could respond. I went in my room and slumped on the bed.

I reached for my phone on the nightstand. It was still switched off. I turned it on and saw five texts from Noah and about 15 miss calls. Why can’t he just leave me alone? I sighed and opened the first text. All of his texts were somehow the same.

What’s wrong? Please just answer your phone. I want to talk to you.

You are freaking me out. Just talk to me please.

Are you hurt? Tell me what’s wrong? Please.

I read the three and started crying again. I can’t do this to him. I feel like a selfish bitch. I turned off my phone again and threw under the pillow. I couldn’t read the other texts. He sounded worried and desperate. None of this is his fault, not directly at least. He didn’t do anything wrong. I shouldn’t behave this way with him.

There was a knock on my door. I wiped away my tears and straitened my sweats. I sit up straight and leaned against the headboard. I will have to put an act of ‘Not feeling well’. I don’t want either of my parents to doubt me. The door opened and I saw Noah step in.

Is it really him? Why is here? I told my mom to tell him about today. He is the last person I want to see right now. He walked towards me and the next thing I knew he was hugging me tightly. I instantly melted against him. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and breathed him in. I felt calm the minute he touched me. No, I should not do this. It is not helping me.

Suddenly all the memories of yesterday came back to me and my heart shattered into thousand pieces. I quickly pulled away from him and shifted slightly to put some space between us. He looked hurt and shocked. I couldn’t stand the look on his face so, I quickly looked away to hide the tears that were threatening to fall.

“What is wrong with you? Where did you go after school? Why didn’t you answer my calls?” He asked looking into my eyes. I looked down and started playing with my fingers nervously. How can I tell him what’s wrong?