Chapter 9

I entered Noah’s house. The party was already going on in a full swing. I looked around the lounge. Some people were already drunk and were making a fool of them. Rachel was standing beside me scanning the room and Amber and Rosie were behind us. I spotted Will and Liam standing in the corner drinking something. I nudged Rachel and we walked towards them.

“Let’s get something to drink.” Rachel said tugging me along with her. She poured vodka and coke in a red cup and swallowed the drink instantly. I hope she is not getting drunk tonight, she is driving. I am very young to die.

Someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned around already knowing it was Noah. He was looking so hot is his black button down shirt. He had left the top two buttons undone, showing his hard chest. I mentally slapped myself. Stop checking him out all the time. He will think you are a pervert.

“Hi.” I mumbled. He was looking at me in awe. I guess I am dreaming. But, I looked nice today at least I thought so.

I was looking at him waiting for him to say something but, he kept on staring at me. “Err. You look different…you look nice.” He said rambling on his words. Rambling is very unlikely of Noah, he is always so confident and composed while doing everything.

I smiled in response and saw Rachel looking at me with the same expression. She kept looking at me like that even at school whenever I was with Noah. It was kind of creepy. “Why do you keep looking at me like that?” I asked Rachel and she just shrugged.

“What do you girls want to drink?” Noah asked walking behind Rachel to the counter where all the bottles and cups were kept. Rachel asked for the vodka again this time half cup vodka and other half coke. She is crazy.

Noah was looking at me with one eyebrow raised waiting for me to answer. Did he say something? “And you?” I looked confused. Oh ya the drink he was waiting for me to tell him what I want.

“You have diet coke?” I asked looking at the counter. I couldn’t see it.

He nodded and opened a can and filled the cup but only half. “Diet coke with what?” He asked looking at the bottles of alcohol.

“Just coke. I don’t drink.” I said easily and took the cup from his hand.  Noah and Rachel were staring at me with wide eyes and their mouth slightly open. I looked at them confused. What’s wrong now?

“You don’t drink as in; you don’t want to drink today right?” Noah asked looking at me curiously.

“Um. No, I don’t drink at all. I don’t like it.” I said turning up my nose a little. Noah and Rachel burst out laughing. Rachel was laughing so hard, she had to lean on the counter to remain steady. What is so funny? Did I not get the joke or something?

I crossed my hands on my chest and looked at them slightly annoyed. After a few minutes they calmed down. Noah took a deep breath and looked at me. Rachel started giggling again, I am sure it’s because of the too much vodka.

“What was so funny?” I asked Noah. He must have been surprised by my annoyed tone. Ok I should have been a little more polite. I don’t usually be rude but I think I did. I was about to apologize when Noah cut me off.